- Depth-of-field preview button Press to preview how much background or foreground
is in or out of focus.
- Black dot For alignment with the black dot on the lens barrel when removing the
- Lens release button Unlocks the lens for removing or changing lenses.
- Flash terminal Accepts synchro cord for electronic flash or flash units other
than Nikon BC-7.
- Self-timer Can be set for picture-taking delay up to 10 seconds.
- Mirror lock knob Locks the mirror up out of the way for use with Fisheye Nikkors.
- Finder release button For removing the interchangeable viewEinder and focusing
- Finder eyepiece Permits comfortable viewing of the entire viewfinder screen,
even for eyeglass wearers.
- Neck strap eyelet
- Film-speed reminder dial Can be set for color or black-and-white, speeds from
ASA 25-1600 as a reminder of the type of film loaded in the camera.
- Tripod socket Threaded to accept standard tripod screw.
- Lock For removing and replacing camera back.
- Frame counter Indicates the number of frames exposed.
- Film-load reminder Can be set to show whether film loaded is a 20- or 36-exposure
- Film-advance lever Advances the film, cocks the shutter and operates the frame
- Shutter release button (With screw thread for cable release).
- A-R ring Sets for film advance (A) and rewind (R).
- Synch-selector ring For flash synchronization control. Sets the camera's synchronization
mechanism to match the type of flashbulb and shutter speed.
- Synch selector Has color-coded markings for setting the correct flash synchronization.
- Shutter speed dial For setting shutter speed from 1/1000 to 1 second plus B and
- Eye-level pentaprism viewfinder For comfortable, easy viewing, composing and
- Accessory shoe Accepts the Nikon Flash Unit BC-7 or Flash Unit Adapter.
- Film-rewind crank Handle folds out for smooth, effortless: film rewinding.
- Flash contact For cordless Flash Unit BC-7.
- Distance indicator with depth-of-field scale Arrow points to the focused distance
on the distance scale. Color-coded markings give depth of field for different apertures.
- Focusing ring with distance scale Easy-to-grip, knurled ring for quick, accurate
focusing. Distance scale shows focused distance or can be used to prefocus to a measured
or estimated distance.
- Aperture indicator dot When lined up with the f/numbers engraved on the aperture
ring, shows the taking aperture at which the exposure will be made.
- Lens aperture ring Used to set the lens diaphragm at the desired f/number.
- Slotted couolinq prong For coupling diaphragm to exposure meter.