Classic SLR Series
If you have owned or purchase a AE-1, these are few essential but relatively easy steps for you to setup your camera to take pictures (Section one for the camera, section two when you are using it with flash and lastly, with a auto film advance device like the dedicated Auto Winder). If you intend to understand more about the details, please read through the whole site for other related content to fully explore the potential this camera can offer you.
Basic Setup Steps for Camera Operations
1.Set the aperture ring of the lens to the"A" mark. 2. Load the battery.
3. Load the film. 4. Set the ASA film speed. Select a shutter speed.
5. Look into the viewfinder Compose the picture and focus. 6. Advance film; Check exposure. Press the shutter button.
Photography with earlier flash unit 155A automatic Flash photography (Or any dedicated flash units by Canon)
1. Load the batteries. 2. Set the ASA film speed 3. Mount the Speedlite 155A
(Or equivalent) onto the camera
4. Turn the main swittch5. Set the AUTO/MANUAL switch
6. Focus, compose and press the shutter buttton to take the picture.
Photography with the Canon Power Winder A
1. Remove the Battery Pack A.
2. Load the batteries into the Battery Pack A.
3. Attach the Battery Pack A to the Power Winder A.
4. Take off the winder coupler cover.
5. Attach the Power Winder A to the AE-1.
6. Turn the main switch on.
7. Focus and press the shutter button.
| Next | More detailed camera operations 1/7
| Back | The Index page of Canon AE-1
| Back | Main Index Page of Canon SLR Models
Main Features & Background
Basic Camera Operation (7 Parts)
Auto Winder A | Winder A2 | Speedlites | Other Issues
Specifications: HTML | PDF (14K)
Main Reference map: HTML | PDF (213k)
| Message Board | for your Canon A-Series SLR camera(s)
| Message Board | for your Canon optics in a shared environment
| Message Board | Specifically for Dispose or Looking for Canon Photographic Equipment
Winder A, Winder A2, Focusing Screens, Motor Drive MA, Databack A, Speedlites & Macro photography.
Canon FD Resources
A Series: AE-1 | AT-1 | A-1 | AV-1 | AE-1 Program | AL-1
T- Series: T50 | T60 | T70 | T80 | T90
F-1 | New F-1
Canon FL Resources
Pellix | FTQL
FL | Canon FDn lenses. | Early versions of FD lenses
Canon EOS SLRs | Canon EF lens Resources
Home - Photography in Malaysia
Copyright © 2000. leofoo ®. MIR Web Development Team.
Maintenance Team: Kaipin, Terry Carraway & Dr Strangelove; Pawel Nabe for his image on the Data Memory Back. EEwyn Foo, my nephew, who has spent quite a number of nights converting the original manual in HTML format. Mr. Richard Yeow, General Manager -Optical Division of Canon Marketing for granting special permission to reproduce this manual into HTML format in his site as a form of obligation to all Canon FD mount users worldwide. * Canon, FD Lenses, Canon Marketing are registered trade names or trademarks of Canon Inc. Japan.