Nikon F3 w/zoom MD-4.jpg (18k)

Modern Classic SLRs Series :

Nikon F3 - widely regarded as one of the most reliable electronic camera of all time and it was also the longest serving Nikon F-Series SLR camera. This evergreen model remains a hot favorite among many working pro and serious amateurs As every individual photographer has his own personal style to express himself and that includes how one handles his own photographic tools, this section allows you to share your knowledge & mutual experience using the camera. Some of the opinion presented within the site was specifically my personal experience and I do not wish to influence any decision prior to any potential purchases or disposal. You may make use of this convenience here to present your own views. Enjoy.

This site is specifically created for some of these great SLR bodies by Nikon, its creator. Please don't mail me other than constructive suggestions or rectifying mistakes found in this site, thanking you. Since this is a non-profitable resource site - The developer of this site reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to dispose your Nikon camera(s) or its accompanying accessories or looking for a used model or any of its system components, please use a separate section with a higher volume of traffic Free Trade Zone site instead. The Photography In Malaysia has no Guestbook on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience visiting this site, you may use the MIR's Guestbook at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.

Add a Posting to Message Board
A kind reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system.

Back to Main Index Page of
Nikon F3 Series

SLR Camera(s) Website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit section of the PIM site, if at any one time, the traffic is high - the table/content may take a while to load the data, just be patience. If it stalls, just click on the 'Reload' or 'Refresh' button on your browser menu once to re-attempt. Thank you.
Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

1. From : Milan Tomin (tomin@neobee.net)
Url : http://
Date : 03:33 AM Wednesday 03 October, 2001

I really don`t know what to say - I am impressed. In time when I am buying a Nikon F3 camera, these sugestions and complete debriefing about the camera can really help me before a buying decision is made. I have to say that I am very happy that I have found this web address - every my friends will hear about this site. Once again thanks for all the very useful information. Tomin Milan - Yugoslavia

2. From : Dennis (dennisdraven@hotmail.com)
Date : 03:17 PM Tuesday 02 October, 2001

*Gerrad* Thanks for the advice. I think my mind is made up and after hearing so much about the F3. I will hunt for it and get one. Another question is the Flash on F3. Which one do you guys reckon? The Sb-16a or Sb-17? The sb-16a will be more expensive and heavy, but the Sb-17 will be cheaper but not "convertiable to Standard Hotshoe for other nikon cameras. The other camera I've got is the F2A, no TTL. Btw, the SB-17 has been dis-continued. Which one would you recommend?? Many thanks in advance!

Dennis.

3. From : Gerard Vinks (gerrievinkie@yahoo.com)
Url : http://no
Date : 11:59 AM Monday 01 October, 2001

Buy both. Let the FM3A patches what are missing in a Nikon F3. Its top speed goes one stop (1/4000) higher; Sync speed is two stops (1/250sec) while even the backup mechanical speeds is a all rounder speeds versus the poor 1/80 sec found in a F3 and lastly, it doesn't has the stupidly designed F3 flash shoe problem and comes with its own universal ISO aaccessory shoe BUT - you will be without a 5.5 speed motor drive, 22 types focusing screens, 5-6 types of interchangeable finders, mirror lockup features for macro/close up; various types of interchangeable backs and a rugged 150,000 exposures shutter curtain (where FM class is aimed to offer only 1/3 of this figure) shelled inside a almost un-breakable camera body which also housed the ultra-reliable and quartz precision controlled electronic circuitry. I had mine 18 years ago and I still have no LCD problems that you are so conerned with and as a strong tradition of the F-series parts supply will be readily available 10 years after OFFICIAL discontinuation. So, a FM3A is still a FM class and F3 is another. Peace at the middle east , Afgan and the rest of the world, including here.

4. From : Dennis (dennisdraven@hotmail.com)
Date : 11:21 AM Friday 28 September, 2001

Hello to all F3 users, I can't decide to go for the F3 OR Fm3a mainly because I'm worried that the spare parts for the F3 especially the LCD display will be discontinued with the camera then the F3 will not be functionable, isn't it? Imagine it without the LCD display when you can't find it from the manufacturer. Help Me! I'm really confused!

Dennis.

5. From : Walt McKinney (Waltavion@AOL.com)
Date : 02:50 AM Friday 28 September, 2001

Marc:

The SB-29 sells at B&H Photo for $470.00. A used SB-21A from KEH Camera Brokers (www.KEH.com) sells for $245-255 in excellent to excellent-plus condition. My experience with KEH's EX-Plus is that it's hard to tell it from new. The problem with the SB-29 is that it is equipped with a hot-shoe connection and you have to buy an adapter to use it with the F-3. The SB-21A is made for the F-3 and requires no adapter. Sunpak also has the DX-8R and the DX-12R, which are good units, but both require special modules and cords for the F-3. If I were you, I'd get the SB-21A from KEH.

Regards,

Walt McKinney

6. From : Marc Forrest (meforrest@yahoo.com)
Url : http:/
Date : 10:18 PM Thursday 27 September, 2001

RING FLASH anyone?

iam looking for a used nikon TTL macro speedlight. first choice since i understand them to be less expensive is the newer SB-29 (will this mount to an F3?) second choice the older SB-21a

i hope to mount this on my F3 hp and solve some vexing closeup lighting problems...

7. From : BALA CHANDRAN.V. (parvati@vsnl.com)
Date : 03:17 AM Sunday 23 September, 2001

Hi,
Sorry, but I forgot to ask something else. Anybody has a copy of instrucltion manual for nikon bellows PB-6? Be my friend and write to parvati@vsnl.com.
I LOVE F3! I LOVE F3! I LOVE F3!
BALA CHANDRAN.V.

8. From : BALA CHANDRAN.V. (parvati@vsnl.com)
Date : 03:08 AM Sunday 23 September, 2001

Hi,

I am DESPARATE!!!!! I have acquired a Mint (-) PB6 bellows. But no double cabel release AR-4 or AR7. Also unable to get a macroflash. I am in Trivandrum, Kerala, South India. I ADORE my F3!!!!! ANYONE WHO CAN GET ME AN AR-4/7 or macroflash is an angel!!!!!! SOS SOS SOS.

Bala chandran.V.

9. From : Jonathan Buckley (jbuckley@bsmg.com)
Date : 01:21 AM Saturday 22 September, 2001

The speed control unit on my Nikon F3 has packed up and the shop says £275 (over US$400) to replace clean mirror switches,recalibrate, test and check. I saw a second hand unit selling for under £200 so don't think it is worth repairing. Any ideas and could I fix it myself? I live in London, England.

Thanks for your feedback

10. From : Juan C Cacace (juancacace@infovia.com.ar)
Date : 03:13 AM Monday 17 September, 2001

Dear Sir, My Deepest and Heartiest congratulations for the excellent job made on this equipment, one of my dearest posessions. !!! There is no value that may repay your excellent and fruitul effort performed on tbis subject.

I am very happy of having had the possibility to find your page in Internet. All this information is superb !! Thank you very much again !! Best regards, Juan Cacace

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124
Maintainers for Nikon F3 Series SLR cameras Message Board:
Walt McKinney (Waltavion@AOL.com); Allan M Purtle (ampurtle(AT)sympatico.ca); Hermann Graf (hermann.graf@basf-ag.de), JWoods,
Gen. Holst, MCLau (mclau@pc.jaring.my) ROZ (rozkl@hotmail.com)

| Questions relating to Nikon F3 ? Post a Message or offers an answer to the Board |

Archived Messages of Previous Postings
001-050 | 051-100 | 101-150 | 151-200 | 201-250 | 251-300 | 301-350 | 351-400 | 401-450 | 451-500 | 501-550

Back to Main Index Page of
Nikon F3 Professional SLR Camera Website

Back to Message Board of
Nikon F3 Series
SLR Camera

Disposing/Looking
for New/Used photographic equipment
on Various Nikon F3 series model(s)

Various specific Message Board for each Nikon camera of specific interest :-

NIkon original F-Series SLR models | NIkon F2 Series SLR models | NIkon F3 Series SLR camera Models | Nikon F4 Series SLR models | Nikon F5 SLR Camera | Nikon FM-Series SLR models | Nikon FE-Series SLR models | Nikon FA SLR models | Nikon Nikkormat/Nikomat Series SLR models | Nikon Didital-Series SLR models | Nikon's MF/AF Nikkor Lenses |

Can't Find your Model(s) ? then use the Various Nikon SLRs/Film-digital Compact camera Section

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Copyright © 2007. leofoo ®. MIR Web Development Team.
Version 4.00 Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz Sulaiman, improved from original version by Ang Seng Leong ,Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya (Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright � 2001 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.