PEntax LX 250 Bulk Film Back.jpg (17k)

Modern Classic SLRs Series :
Pentax LX - Message Board/Guestbook

Industry wide indications and ceasing film body development by Pentax altogether in early 2003 more than suggest the manual focus Pentax LX will not be having an upgrade (except, perhaps for very rare Limited Edition Models hand assembled by special commission by the new HoyaPentax Corporation). In 2008 Pentax became a division of Hoya Corporation, which had together with Pentax released jointly developed professional grade optics (since 2005); Pentax has shifted its attention to development of auto focus Digital SLRs having build qualities constructed for the long run--now with weather seals--like the LX. You may use this site for common support and sharing of mutual users knowledge or experiences among yourselves. You may also use this message board as a guestbook for the advanced users Pentax SLR cameras from the LX forward, including many such auto focus film cameras, and Pentax digital SLR cameras. We keep the site going too for the WORD SEARCH FEATURE found here as to its magnificent K mount system user archives: as have been shared here for many years. Have an inquiry related to Pentax gear? First try KEYING IN YOUR KEY WORD(S) for a preexisting archived response on your subject of inquiry from this LX site. If your inquiry or sharing is from advanced users K10D, K20D, or K200D SLR needs, proceed on to t NEW PENTAX ADVANCED USERS K10D, K20D SLR site.

This LX site was specifically created for the great Pentax LX SLR camera model(s), and now has incorporated increased opportunity for an expanded interchange with the introductions of the Pentax K10D, K20D, and K200D SLRs to include advanced and professional digital user models. Interchange is encouraged with the intention to continue as a forum for advanced system users of past K-mount film based SLR systems and the mentioned Pentax DSLRs. With decreasing forum traffic here, and enthusiasts moving on with SLR digital imaging products futures, we hope the continued convenience of this site and its past Pentax advanced LX users data archives--provided by the database KEY WORD SEARCH FEATURE found here--can be very useful to you. Most past site user techniques, systems components, and lenses of Pentax advanced applications--as have been past examined by users on this site--are still of use regarding the newest Pentax SLRs. Please don't mail us with other than constructive suggestions or to rectify mistakes found within this site, thank you. Since this is a non-profitable resource site, maintained by professional and advanced system users, the developer of this site reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to dispose of your Pentax cameras or its accompanying accessories and/or you are looking for a used model, or even for any of its system components: please use a separate section with a higher volume of related traffic for these purposes: on the
Free Trade Zone site instead. The Photography In Malaysia sites sponsor has no Guestbook standing on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience of visiting our site and its service, you may use the MIR's Guestbook found at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.

Add a Posting to the Message Board
A kind reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system.

Main Index Page of Pentax LX SLR Website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit sections of the PIM served sites; if, at any one time, the traffic is high--the table of contents or individual pages may take a while to load your input data, or our's. So, just be patient. If your interaction stalls, just click on the 'Reload' or 'Refresh' button on your browser menu once to re-attempt interaction here. Thank you. Welcome to MIR!

Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

1. From : AB (handmaid@fsmail.net)
Url : http://
Date : 02:00 AM Saturday 01 May, 2004

Post away, Jay. I must admit to having an un-scientific attachment to film. I use mainly colour and B&W negative films which I get processed by Peak Imaging. Now I feel pretty sure that Peak Imaging scan the negatives (albeit at high res) so the look that I like has a digital phase in there. A real analogue lover would insist on prints made from the neg by enlarger and onto trad paper. I like and defend analogue sound but I didn't realise until seven or so years ago that many of the delays used in the signal path to the cutter head for the vinyl disc, are digital - the signal is converted to digital, delayed and then converted back, so two contaminations. The purists insist on analogue delays and valve driven at that! So what I'm I to say? In truth I probably haven't seen a totally analogue print in years. Hey! I'm staying with film just the same... I think AB

2. From : Jay (ibcom@onebox.com)
Date : 01:15 AM Saturday 01 May, 2004

Thanks Mico, an inquiry was sent. Sometime ago I posted my first copyrighted article on digital imaging: film scans vs. digital originations. It was largely introductory, details to follow. Is there an interest in the remainder of this information here? It clearly shows not only the trend to digital, but the viable reasons why so. It also reveals the uses and limits of film based scans.

Research shows that the normal image file size requirements of publishers, i.e. 48MB, and camera costs up front, are the factors that have both permitted and prevented professionals from adding DSLRs to existing systems. Even so, using the cameras that offer 10MP imaging and above (30 MB and above files resulting) professional work for magazines and publications is being increasingly rendered and included in publication imagery (largely by using pixel upgrade programs to meet the file size requirements, but, in some instances, as with the Kodak, Fuji, and latest Canon DSLRs not much so). I feel it is in our best interests, according to imaging use, to know and plan for these inevitable realities regarding reproduction of images rendered. I have information to continue to share. Pentax is developing both a cheaper DSLR for amateur and lower price point acquisition, and a professional body at this time. How will these fit into LX users future plans? For those who love silver based photo technology, how will this affect you? As to those cheished lenses and other system components? And, why even bother with emerging digital rendering technology when it has not easily achieved the "film look"? What is ahead and appropriate for the traditional small format photographer who loves the look and feel of the existing LX system? These are some questions offering the material researched can answer. Please let me know if there is interest in this material here.

The last posting genrated controversy and competition from some who hold film photography dear to their expereince and hearts. This need not be polarizing information, but useful information, when not too absolutely regarded. What threatens as to the present, past, and future regarding film scans vs. ditial originations? I believe the information gathered can offer us less of an ostrich response if accepted scientifically and realistically. It seems the controversy, to date, has been in the areas of validity and reliability regarding the use and expense of what is available. I see a future where both types of rendering will prove very useful and reliable. Would you like me to post these findings? --Jay

3. From : Jay (ibcom@onebox.com)
Date : 12:13 PM Tuesday 27 April, 2004

Mico, I just had a nondelivery notice to the private e-mail you last forwarded to me, as an invalid address. Send another, I wrote on some matters of mutual interest. I can send it again.--Jay

4. From : AB (handmaid@fsmail.net)
Date : 11:18 PM Monday 26 April, 2004

Sven, I remember reading somewhere that you can press on this button with a sticky finger and screw it in several turns until it's tight (clockwise). Try this and see... AB

5. From : Sven (svennorberg@swipnet.se)
Date : 02:46 AM Monday 26 April, 2004

Hi, I've read and learned a lot on this great site. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with a problem on my LX. The multi function lever has become loose and the button protruds a few millimeters and I can se a spring under it. All functions seem to be unaffected but it has given reason to worry. I can't remember hearing about this. Does anybody know what this is, and how serious it is. appreciate any help Sven

6. From : Ian (ian@ity.co.uk)
Date : 12:03 AM Sunday 25 April, 2004

I too am stuck behind a computer every day, and although I take my LX with me almost everywhere, I've not been inspired by anything I've seen en-route to client sites (West Midlands). However, can you guys recommend anything to shoot in the Daphne/Mobile/Gulf Shores area? I'm popping out there soon and will have my mountainbike and occasionally a Ford Taurus for transport. I may have to put my usual atmospheric architectural stuff on hold. A good photograph is where you find it. Time to breakout the colour tranny I guess.

Although PJ's have made huge efforts to get my second LX body back to me CLA'd, it needs a new clutch and as such I probably won't get it back in time for the flight. One body it is then. -Ian.

7. From : Jay (ibcom@onebox.com)
Date : 05:34 AM Friday 23 April, 2004

Pentax will release a cheaper version of the current DSLR soon, for a lower price point. The Professional DSLR is still at least a year away. --Jay

8. From : GLOBETROTTER (globetrotter@hotmail.com)
Url : http://www.globetrotterworld.co.uk
Date : 12:31 AM Friday 23 April, 2004

...And before I forget to ask...It's gone very quiet these last few days. It must be because everyone is taking a spring vacation...or is it because you're all out there taking photos, and not like me, stuck inside this stuffy place behind a computer?

9. From : GLOBETROTTER (globetrotterworld@hotmail.com)
Url : http://www.globetotterworld.co.uk
Date : 12:23 AM Friday 23 April, 2004

Well, I still think that most of us are still deeply involved with film-based cameras, Ian...including me! In fact, my girlfriend, who already has owned a digital camera for the past few years, and was drooling over a new DSLR to buy for our next trip to USA next month, has actually suddenly changed her mind and just bought a new film-based SLR and selection of lenses...with a little gentle persuasion from me of course! The fact that for the same price of a digital body she could buy a complete SYSTEM of SLR body & lenses plus flash etc, was the main factor in her sudden swing away from digital.

The fact that we can also use money saved in buying a high-quality scanner, is enough to keep us both happy when we need digital images, and we can keep most of the lenses if we ever do go over to digital…which as far as I can see will be a few years yet before we make that plunge. Maybe my old LX and F5 with some favourite lenses will keep me happy forever - Unless that Nikon F6 hybrid film/digital body is actually released at the Olympics (or so a little bird told me…). Mind you, a new hybrid Pentax LX2 might get me reaching for my credit card. Come on Pentax, surprise us this time round with an updated pro body to match all those superb lenses…

10. From : Ian (ian@ity.co.uk)
Date : 07:35 AM Wednesday 14 April, 2004

Hi AB, I think PAW stands for "Picture a week".

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217

Maintainers for Pentax LX Series SLR Camera Models Message Board:
Tony Davies-Patrick (Globetrotter) (globetrotterworld@hotmail.com); Mico Smiljanic (micolx@netscape.net);
Jay Hart (ibcom@onebox.com); Philip Ashman (genesisphil@hotmail.com)

| Post a Message to the Message Board |

Archived Messages of Previous Postings
001-050 | 051-100 | 101-150 | 151-200

Back to Main Index Page of
Pentax LX SLR Camera Website

Back to Message Board of
Pentax LX
SLR Camera

Disposing/Looking
for New/Used photographic equipment

on Pentax LX SLR camera

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Copyright © 2007. leofoo @. MIR Web Development Team.
Version three Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz Sulaiman, improved from original version by Ang Seng Leong ,Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya (Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright@ 2001 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.