PEntax LX 250 Bulk Film Back.jpg (17k)

Modern Classic SLRs Series :
Pentax LX - Message Board/Guestbook

Industry wide indications and ceasing film body development by Pentax altogether in early 2003 more than suggest the manual focus Pentax LX will not be having an upgrade (except, perhaps for very rare Limited Edition Models hand assembled by special commission by the new HoyaPentax Corporation). In 2008 Pentax became a division of Hoya Corporation, which had together with Pentax released jointly developed professional grade optics (since 2005); Pentax has shifted its attention to development of auto focus Digital SLRs having build qualities constructed for the long run--now with weather seals--like the LX. You may use this site for common support and sharing of mutual users knowledge or experiences among yourselves. You may also use this message board as a guestbook for the advanced users Pentax SLR cameras from the LX forward, including many such auto focus film cameras, and Pentax digital SLR cameras. We keep the site going too for the WORD SEARCH FEATURE found here as to its magnificent K mount system user archives: as have been shared here for many years. Have an inquiry related to Pentax gear? First try KEYING IN YOUR KEY WORD(S) for a preexisting archived response on your subject of inquiry from this LX site. If your inquiry or sharing is from advanced users K10D, K20D, or K200D SLR needs, proceed on to t NEW PENTAX ADVANCED USERS K10D, K20D SLR site.

This LX site was specifically created for the great Pentax LX SLR camera model(s), and now has incorporated increased opportunity for an expanded interchange with the introductions of the Pentax K10D, K20D, and K200D SLRs to include advanced and professional digital user models. Interchange is encouraged with the intention to continue as a forum for advanced system users of past K-mount film based SLR systems and the mentioned Pentax DSLRs. With decreasing forum traffic here, and enthusiasts moving on with SLR digital imaging products futures, we hope the continued convenience of this site and its past Pentax advanced LX users data archives--provided by the database KEY WORD SEARCH FEATURE found here--can be very useful to you. Most past site user techniques, systems components, and lenses of Pentax advanced applications--as have been past examined by users on this site--are still of use regarding the newest Pentax SLRs. Please don't mail us with other than constructive suggestions or to rectify mistakes found within this site, thank you. Since this is a non-profitable resource site, maintained by professional and advanced system users, the developer of this site reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to dispose of your Pentax cameras or its accompanying accessories and/or you are looking for a used model, or even for any of its system components: please use a separate section with a higher volume of related traffic for these purposes: on the
Free Trade Zone site instead. The Photography In Malaysia sites sponsor has no Guestbook standing on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience of visiting our site and its service, you may use the MIR's Guestbook found at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.

Add a Posting to the Message Board
A kind reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system.

Main Index Page of Pentax LX SLR Website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit sections of the PIM served sites; if, at any one time, the traffic is high--the table of contents or individual pages may take a while to load your input data, or our's. So, just be patient. If your interaction stalls, just click on the 'Reload' or 'Refresh' button on your browser menu once to re-attempt interaction here. Thank you. Welcome to MIR!

Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

1. From : UMUAFRICA (GUY@AFRIK.NET)
Url : http://
Date : 11:17 PM Tuesday 04 November, 2003

I LOVE USING PENTAX
UMUAFRICA SHINE YOUR EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2. From : Jay Hart (ibcom@onebox.com)
Url : same
Date : 11:53 PM Monday 03 November, 2003

I forgot to mention, in the past two and one-half years Pentax was awarded patents for image optical stablization lens technology. We have yet to see any of this come to market. It is getting to the point of time for fruition of these patents, judging by past patent to marketplace timing. --JH

3. From : Jay Hart (ibcom@onebox.com)
Date : 12:58 PM Monday 03 November, 2003

Jorge, One more moment of truth as to digital futures and small format Pentax plans. That they are working on a pro 35mm sized digital camera mentioned by the rep there is confirmation of what has been heard here, as was past shared. In order to have a buzz around their booth they would have had to come out with that camera this year, or upgraded the Mz-S system. Imagine an MZ-S system with more tweaks on the body, in the body, and on the bolt on battery pack...upgrades that would have not only find devotee interest, but practical professional consequence. One too has to consider the kind of show you attended and what that is about, as to who attends such a show. Actually the latest Pentax SLR film camera entry is doing well on sales, as was, last year the MZ-L (Now usurped by other offerings of all camera companies in its pricerange. I think this is the MZ-6 on the Continent?). Right now Pentax is not attempting to woo Nikon or Canon Pro users, which would require more bells and whistles and upgrade than these companies now offer. And a complete world-wide field repair event back-up system by the Corporation. What is the point? Pentax just has to carve its own nitch, and with old and new respect built in the process. How was the Minolta booth, which has amazing optics and professional bodies? I doubt they too had much of a following.
Mico, On the Photozone website equipment section Pentax mount lens tests I am unclear if the new 28-105 f 3.2 IF AL appears as desirable as the 24-90, or 28-70 wide aperture offerings of many. Visible distortion is the negative on its user's reports, though it fairs OK in the ratings of like-type optics. I debate to go with this for the range, or the 24-90 (at twice the price). The question would be use. How has such range worked for your nature work? Half my work is commercial, the other half nature oriented. What to do?

4. From : Jorge Nunez (jnunez4@optonline.net)
Date : 10:48 AM Monday 03 November, 2003

All, I attended Photoplus in New York and went to the Pentax booth to take a look at istD. As stated here in a previous posting, Pentax guy says this is a first attempt at 35mm digital with future updates. No more LX updates on film. He thinks Japan will come out with a professional digital 35mm ( The Three year plan.) What was really unsettling to me was compared to all the big players ( The Nikons. caneon, etc...) there was hardly any interest in Pentax. Aside from some loyal Pentax users ie . medium format and potential consumer crowd, I go t an erie feeling of gloom and doom. This is my subjective opnion only. Jorge

5. From : Anton Browne (handmaid@fsmail.net)
Date : 06:48 AM Monday 03 November, 2003

Oh dear! Now I've done it. My 20mm f2.8 became decidedly sluggish on stopping down and I put it aside to send for a service. One night I came home after a glass or two of wine and decided to take the rear mount off the lens and have a look-see. I did this carefully and all went well until...

1. I put just one drop of WD40 on a linkage that seemed sticky. To my horror it immediately spread to the aperture blades.
2. A few really tiny items dropped on the carpet (I could hear them) miraculously I think I may have recovered them all.
3. I dislodged the aperture ring and can't get it back on.

I don't need telling off as I'm well aware that this was a very stupid thing to attempt on such a lens. I offer this post firstly as a warning to anyone else who fancies themselves as a lens repairer and secondly to ask if you think the lens is a write off. With my tail firmly between my legs.Anton

6. From : Ian (ian@ity.co.uk)
Date : 05:23 AM Monday 03 November, 2003

Sorry Mico, I was responding in rarther a hurry to Phil's posting. I wasn't thinking straight. I'm waiting for a roll of KL to arrive in the post (pending current postal strike!). I'm sure it will be fine regarding exposure. A roll of Tri-X and a roll of C41 have so far been perfect (not that that's difficult). I think I'll wait until January to get the mirror-lock repaired as I have no idea how long Pentax UK (or that centre Jessops use in Stoke) take to complete repairs. I really don't want to be without my LX right now. I have some cool night shots lined up. - Ian.

7. From : Mico (micolx@netscape.net)
Date : 12:24 AM Sunday 02 November, 2003

Ian, since LX`s AUTO speeds are stepless, you can never know what was the actual speed vs. displayed one. Displayed one is always in full F-stop which is too aproximate compared to LX`s meter sensitivity. Even if you put the camera AUTO speeds on electronic test, you can do that only for speeds from 1/2000 to 1/60, because those speeds are measured from the second curtain.For speeds bellow, I do not know how, those are measured from the film plane, which means that you can not have the door open and get the correct reading. But, since calibration covers the whole AUTO range, if the fast ones are O.K., 2 to 3 minutes range is fine too. Regarding film reflectance, for all those years, I have never had a problem with this. In the early 80`s I have even used a stone-age (B&W)400 ASA ORWO film, made in the former East Germany, and had pin-point results. BTW, that film was interesting to me because it was very sensitive to IR rays, and I did some intriguing pictures using it with infra-red filter. No modern film, beside dedicated IR film, has that ability.

So, if you want to test your camera, and solve that dilema once for ever, there is a simple way. All you need is a slide film and
a few minutes of your time... M.

8. From : Jay Hart (ibcom@onebox.com)
Date : 02:05 PM Saturday 01 November, 2003

Mico, Good news on your lens. For future reference Pentax USA just moved from Englewood, Colorado to Golden, Colorado, less than a half hour drive from my office. If you need anything just call me toll free, I should be by there about once a week or so as it is in a client service area. FYI, 877-396-8835 for messaging to my office. --Jay

9. From : Yuriy (yus4you@hotmail.com)
Date : 07:14 AM Saturday 01 November, 2003

Does anybody have a manual for Tokina ATX f2.5 90mm macro in Pentax K-mount? What I am interested mostly is whether it was originally coming with 1:1 extender as those for other mounts (Nikon for example). I have seen a couple of used ones(in Pentax K-mount) but they never came with an extender. I would assume the extender have some kind of correction optics for macro shots. Will appreciate any information on this subject. Thanks

10. From : Ian (ian@ity.co.uk)
Url : http://homepage.mac.com/iant1
Date : 10:40 AM Friday 31 October, 2003

Hi all. Phil, I'm intrigued, your getting a different timed exposure in auto than if you jump to manual and select the suggested shutter speed. i.e. the actual shutter time (auto) is different to what is suggested by the display? If so, bizarre, I had this with my test film with my new (used) LX. I had changing light at the time and so ignored the difference in metering. I'm wondering if this may actually have something to do with the LX calibration. Mico, your all over this at a tech level, what do you think?

I'm having a great time with my LX, 4mins 16secs on a star-scape, it simply rocks! Is there any exposure this camera can't handle? I still think there's an issue with film reflectance vs calibration. But right now I don't care, every frame so far is predictable and correct, and thats just fine by me. To re-iterate many a posting I'm sure - why oh why hasn't there been an LX II. As long as there's the expertise and knowledge to repair LX's (you lot), frankly I don't care.

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217

Maintainers for Pentax LX Series SLR Camera Models Message Board:
Tony Davies-Patrick (Globetrotter) (globetrotterworld@hotmail.com); Mico Smiljanic (micolx@netscape.net);
Jay Hart (ibcom@onebox.com); Philip Ashman (genesisphil@hotmail.com)

| Post a Message to the Message Board |

Archived Messages of Previous Postings
001-050 | 051-100 | 101-150 | 151-200

Back to Main Index Page of
Pentax LX SLR Camera Website

Back to Message Board of
Pentax LX
SLR Camera

Disposing/Looking
for New/Used photographic equipment

on Pentax LX SLR camera

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Copyright © 2007. leofoo @. MIR Web Development Team.
Version three Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz Sulaiman, improved from original version by Ang Seng Leong ,Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya (Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright@ 2001 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.