PEntax LX 250 Bulk Film Back.jpg (17k)

Modern Classic SLRs Series :
Pentax LX - Message Board/Guestbook

Industry wide indications and ceasing film body development by Pentax altogether in early 2003 more than suggest the manual focus Pentax LX will not be having an upgrade (except, perhaps for very rare Limited Edition Models hand assembled by special commission by the new HoyaPentax Corporation). In 2008 Pentax became a division of Hoya Corporation, which had together with Pentax released jointly developed professional grade optics (since 2005); Pentax has shifted its attention to development of auto focus Digital SLRs having build qualities constructed for the long run--now with weather seals--like the LX. You may use this site for common support and sharing of mutual users knowledge or experiences among yourselves. You may also use this message board as a guestbook for the advanced users Pentax SLR cameras from the LX forward, including many such auto focus film cameras, and Pentax digital SLR cameras. We keep the site going too for the WORD SEARCH FEATURE found here as to its magnificent K mount system user archives: as have been shared here for many years. Have an inquiry related to Pentax gear? First try KEYING IN YOUR KEY WORD(S) for a preexisting archived response on your subject of inquiry from this LX site. If your inquiry or sharing is from advanced users K10D, K20D, or K200D SLR needs, proceed on to t NEW PENTAX ADVANCED USERS K10D, K20D SLR site.

This LX site was specifically created for the great Pentax LX SLR camera model(s), and now has incorporated increased opportunity for an expanded interchange with the introductions of the Pentax K10D, K20D, and K200D SLRs to include advanced and professional digital user models. Interchange is encouraged with the intention to continue as a forum for advanced system users of past K-mount film based SLR systems and the mentioned Pentax DSLRs. With decreasing forum traffic here, and enthusiasts moving on with SLR digital imaging products futures, we hope the continued convenience of this site and its past Pentax advanced LX users data archives--provided by the database KEY WORD SEARCH FEATURE found here--can be very useful to you. Most past site user techniques, systems components, and lenses of Pentax advanced applications--as have been past examined by users on this site--are still of use regarding the newest Pentax SLRs. Please don't mail us with other than constructive suggestions or to rectify mistakes found within this site, thank you. Since this is a non-profitable resource site, maintained by professional and advanced system users, the developer of this site reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to dispose of your Pentax cameras or its accompanying accessories and/or you are looking for a used model, or even for any of its system components: please use a separate section with a higher volume of related traffic for these purposes: on the
Free Trade Zone site instead. The Photography In Malaysia sites sponsor has no Guestbook standing on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience of visiting our site and its service, you may use the MIR's Guestbook found at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.

Add a Posting to the Message Board
A kind reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system.

Main Index Page of Pentax LX SLR Website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit sections of the PIM served sites; if, at any one time, the traffic is high--the table of contents or individual pages may take a while to load your input data, or our's. So, just be patient. If your interaction stalls, just click on the 'Reload' or 'Refresh' button on your browser menu once to re-attempt interaction here. Thank you. Welcome to MIR!

Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

1. From : Jay Hart (ibcom@onebox.com)
Url : http://
Date : 10:28 AM Thursday 11 September, 2003

FYI, just for fun, two months ago I too answered what must have been the 12th e-mail that week on millions transfered to you "to get my mother's money out of Africa, wife of the late so and so, once in power". I would get a percentage for my trouble, it said. I then received a phone call asking me for my account number, claiming to be "Mrs. Benson's son" with an African accent. It took a few minutes to recall the connection and the name, I guess I had thererby made, as I answer for business maybe a dozen e-mails daily. The caller grew impatient and hung up when I started questioning him. Perhaps it is about identity theft, perhaps more; there are websites on disclosing web scams and frauds, which give a more involved scenario than mere identity theft to these various scams. In many instances people end up paying British lawyers with the belief that their representation will release the funds represented. These "lawyers" can charge for services, so are never apprehended. The site has not been able to keep up with the quantity of the scams appearance. Anyone "won" millions of Euros by Lottery lately?--Jay

2. From : GLOBETROTTER (globetrotterworld@hotmail.com)
Date : 04:21 PM Wednesday 10 September, 2003

We ALL get these 'spam' Emails requesting you to help them deposit so many million dollars in your account, with you getting a percentage of the 'deal'. If somebody deposited 6-million dollars into your account, there is nothing in law that says you couldn't just withdraw it immediately and spend it - without having ever to meet up with the bogus guys flying out from Africa to meet you....! The main point of them contacting you (almost all Emails of this nature stem from African countries) is to try and get as much details as possible about yourself, address, telephone numbers, bank details, etc. Money is their main aim (yours!) but you'll never of course have a single dollar or pound depostited from fraudulent bank dealers or soliciters etc who Emailed you with an amazing 'deal'. About a year ago, just for fun, I began emailing them back and they included on an email their phone number from Africa - so I phoned them, and the person who was sending out the 'spam' Emails answered! I think it shocked him a bit! Reading betweeen the lines of all these Emails, it is very easy to understand how 2+2 can never make 5. Just block every Email like this you get and try to use a good filter system to sort out all 'spam' emails. The Internet systems are becoming overloaded with 'spam' of every kind, and it is a major problem worldwide. The strangest thing is that around 85% of the world's 'spam' stems from only a handful of sources. The greatest percentage of advertising 'spam' stems from USA.

3. From : Anton (handmaid@fsmail.net)
Date : 03:06 PM Wednesday 10 September, 2003

That was I Jay, and I did qualify my comment by saying 'in the UK' My point is that (in the UK) these numbers appear on all cheques (checks) I don't know about you but I have written thousands of cheques in my life thus far so thousands of folk have this information. It is also on the deposit slips and anyone is free to deposit money into your account with these. Whilst I'm not suggesting you take one of these scam offers up! Here is no need in the general running of your affairs to be worried about this. Consider the seller who was wary about giving me his account details so I could make a transfer. I said okay and sent him a cheque... now HE has my account details on my cheque... Setting up some kind of direct debit or other kind of regular payment is a different matter and yes someone could forge your signature and with your account details take money fraudulently but what's new? AB

4. From : J. Hart (ibcom@onebox.com)
Date : 08:20 PM Tuesday 09 September, 2003

Having just received my 8th story on e-mail this week about helping someone in Africa get their millions out of there in some illegal scam, one of which appeared here a couple of weeks ago I want to briefly comment. One of you responded that no one can take money out of your account by an account or check number. This is not so. FYI I pay two monthly bills over the internet to creditors using a checking account number, and these are on secure sites (they will not accept Visa numbers FYI: too much fraud, I guess). So, someone from another country can indeed do an electronic transfer from your account, if they have your numbers. Be warned. --Jay

5. From : GLOBETROTTER (globetrotterworld@hotmail.com)
Date : 01:18 AM Tuesday 09 September, 2003

Anton - I was thinking that way about the LX, although maybe not the LX 2000, because most of the ones I've seen on Ebay have gone for far too much money, unless of course I spotted one going cheap (which I much doubt!). I wouldn't mind a Titanium version though, but they are rarer than hens teeth. I'll probably keep a look out for a normal 'bog-standard' black mint LX late version with high finger guard. Fitted with a nice SMC-M 28mm F/2 it will probably get a lot of use, as well as letting me swim in a bit of nostalgia for a few more years. I would probably pick the SMC-M 28mm f/2 because I used to own one and it was very sharp....that was until it accidentally fell off the side of the Grand canyon with an LX plus motordrive attached to it! Some sad news about the 200 F/2 IFED......I drove all the way around the horrible M25 today to meet with the guy who was selling me the lens. I was all excited and even had a big envelope filled with a big wad of green crackly notes in my back pocket ready to make the exchange........Only to find out that the aperture ring was stiff and sticking (probably because its owner had used it for years and NEVER moved it off the F/2 mark!). I was gutted at driving home without my prize, but aperture control is vitally important to me. He's now going to get it overhauled by Nikon, so it looks like I'll have to wait a little longer to 'play' with my toy.

6. From : Jose R. Rodriguez (jrrodriguez@cox-internet.com)
Date : 12:01 AM Tuesday 09 September, 2003

Mico, Jay is correct... I have used a SMC-A 70-210 f/4.0, but sold it several years back (switched to SMC-K primes only). This is an excellent zoom lens, but it is little heavy. It is pretty sharp and produces great color rendition. However, I did not have a chance to compare it to any other zooms... Regards, Jose R. Rodriguez

7. From : Anton (handmaid@fsmail.net)
Date : 08:16 PM Monday 08 September, 2003

Globetrotter, you're getting us all jealous with talk of 200mm f2 this very site has lots of info and great pictures of this lens http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/180200mmnikkor/200mma.htm in amongst their Nikon resources. Now for me to make you jealous rummaging around this site and under Canon you can find the 200mm f1.8 L http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/200mm.htm

I don't know who is responsible for this site but I take my hat off to them, it is surely a labour (labor to some) of love. Not just the LX stuff but also the masses of Nikon and Canon info and the fantastic photography. 10 out of 10. As for me... I'm all lensed up. There is nothing more I desire and I'm slowly selling off the lenses I don't use or that I bought (on the way up) and have now been superseded by better/faster acquisitions. Oh! The 35mm f2 K (not the M) is in the back of my mind.

A challenge for Globetrotter: Save your pennies and recover from all this expense and then get your LX... but get an LX 2000 buy a mint example of your favourite manual focus prime SMC and just use that combination as a non-interchangeable lens camera. I have always fancied a Leica R6.2 (don't ask me why that particular model - because it's totally manual probably) but I don't want, can't afford and have no need to change marques, but I might be able to afford an R6.2 with one lens - probably the 85mm f1.4 some time. I would then use it as an oversize 'compact'. Then again, the *ist D approaches.

8. From : GLOBETROTTER (globetrotterworld@hotmail.com)
Date : 06:41 PM Monday 08 September, 2003

I've just found an extra use for the 200mm F/2...attached to a 35mm 4ml High speed system to capture 200 FPS for "Top Gun"" type shots strapped to the back of Jet fighter flying at 600mph! View: http://www.photosonics.com/Rental/4ML.html All of the reviews on this lens I've seen give it 5 out of 5 top marks, so it looks like I'll be keeping it! See: http://www.photographyreview.com/pscLenses/35mm,Primes/Nikon,200mm,f-2,ED-IF,Nikkor,AIS/PRD_84708_3111crx.aspx I wonder how it performs against on of my favourite lenses, the superb Pentax-A* 200mm f/2.8 ED? Like a kid in a toy shop, I can't wait to try the "F/2" in the field. Will it bring back as many 'keeper-shots' to sell enough photos to justify the big expense of buying it? I hope so! Will I mind lugging the extra weight (when compared to my tiny 200 f4) over mountains and through rain forests? Not if it helps capture something special in low light with fine-grain slow film, or stops blur by giving me a higher shutter speed in stygian darkness. Oh, by the way.....did I eventually buy another Pentax LX? Well...., the last 'big chunk of glass' I bought placed some extra holes in my credit card, so I think I'll try some 'long-time' exposures with the Nikon F5 in Spain and see how it shapes up. If it doesn't, I'll be trying to look for a Nikon to Pentax adapter to fit the LX to the 200 f/2!

9. From : GLOBETROTTER (globetrotterworld@hotmail.com)
Date : 03:54 PM Monday 08 September, 2003

I used to own the Pentax-A 70-210 F/4. I used it mainly for badger photography at some sets in Denmark. The results were quite good, especially at F/5.6-f/8 range, although not a match for fixed lenses such as the A* 200mm f/2.8. I'm off to Spain next week, then France in early October, followed by a major trip to USA in Late October/ November - Looking forward to trying out the new lenses on my Nikon F5: 20mm f/2.8, 24mm f/1.8, 200mm F/4 IF Micro, and AF 300mm F4 IFED. I've also just recently bought a very rare ultra-high speed gem - the Nikon 200mm F/2 IFED. Sharpness is said to be very crisp wide-open, so I aim to find out if that is true. It's the sort of lens that Anton would love to use and match with his Pentax 135mm f/1.8! The very best 1.4X converter to use on the 200 f/2 (to turn it into a 280mm f/2.8, or 400mm f4 with 2X conveter)is the one that came with the 300mm f/2, although that converter is extremely difficult to find on the used market, so I may try the Kenko Pro 1.4 converter on it, as that one also works well on the 300mm f/4. The Nikkor 200 f/2 weighs over 2.5kg, but its more compact than the 300mm f2.8, and at least weighs less than my old Pentex 500mm f.4.5. If I also want to use it on a future DSLR body the lens will become a 300mm F/2!

10. From : J. Hart (ibcom@onebox.com)
Date : 03:32 PM Monday 08 September, 2003

Mico, I know what you mean about lemons. I had an M 100 f 2.8 I sold because the aperture ratings were off, about a third of a stop, and, as mentioned, I got rid of the first SMC A 70-210 F 4 for the reason stated. The best of luck on your swap.
--Jay

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217

Maintainers for Pentax LX Series SLR Camera Models Message Board:
Tony Davies-Patrick (Globetrotter) (globetrotterworld@hotmail.com); Mico Smiljanic (micolx@netscape.net);
Jay Hart (ibcom@onebox.com); Philip Ashman (genesisphil@hotmail.com)

| Post a Message to the Message Board |

Archived Messages of Previous Postings
001-050 | 051-100 | 101-150 | 151-200

Back to Main Index Page of
Pentax LX SLR Camera Website

Back to Message Board of
Pentax LX
SLR Camera

Disposing/Looking
for New/Used photographic equipment

on Pentax LX SLR camera

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Copyright © 2007. leofoo @. MIR Web Development Team.
Version three Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz Sulaiman, improved from original version by Ang Seng Leong ,Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya (Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright@ 2001 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.