PEntax LX 250 Bulk Film Back.jpg (17k)

Modern Classic SLRs Series :
Pentax LX - Message Board/Guestbook

Industry wide indications and ceasing film body development by Pentax altogether in early 2003 more than suggest the manual focus Pentax LX will not be having an upgrade (except, perhaps for very rare Limited Edition Models hand assembled by special commission by the new HoyaPentax Corporation). In 2008 Pentax became a division of Hoya Corporation, which had together with Pentax released jointly developed professional grade optics (since 2005); Pentax has shifted its attention to development of auto focus Digital SLRs having build qualities constructed for the long run--now with weather seals--like the LX. You may use this site for common support and sharing of mutual users knowledge or experiences among yourselves. You may also use this message board as a guestbook for the advanced users Pentax SLR cameras from the LX forward, including many such auto focus film cameras, and Pentax digital SLR cameras. We keep the site going too for the WORD SEARCH FEATURE found here as to its magnificent K mount system user archives: as have been shared here for many years. Have an inquiry related to Pentax gear? First try KEYING IN YOUR KEY WORD(S) for a preexisting archived response on your subject of inquiry from this LX site. If your inquiry or sharing is from advanced users K10D, K20D, or K200D SLR needs, proceed on to t NEW PENTAX ADVANCED USERS K10D, K20D SLR site.

This LX site was specifically created for the great Pentax LX SLR camera model(s), and now has incorporated increased opportunity for an expanded interchange with the introductions of the Pentax K10D, K20D, and K200D SLRs to include advanced and professional digital user models. Interchange is encouraged with the intention to continue as a forum for advanced system users of past K-mount film based SLR systems and the mentioned Pentax DSLRs. With decreasing forum traffic here, and enthusiasts moving on with SLR digital imaging products futures, we hope the continued convenience of this site and its past Pentax advanced LX users data archives--provided by the database KEY WORD SEARCH FEATURE found here--can be very useful to you. Most past site user techniques, systems components, and lenses of Pentax advanced applications--as have been past examined by users on this site--are still of use regarding the newest Pentax SLRs. Please don't mail us with other than constructive suggestions or to rectify mistakes found within this site, thank you. Since this is a non-profitable resource site, maintained by professional and advanced system users, the developer of this site reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to dispose of your Pentax cameras or its accompanying accessories and/or you are looking for a used model, or even for any of its system components: please use a separate section with a higher volume of related traffic for these purposes: on the
Free Trade Zone site instead. The Photography In Malaysia sites sponsor has no Guestbook standing on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience of visiting our site and its service, you may use the MIR's Guestbook found at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.

Add a Posting to the Message Board
A kind reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system.

Main Index Page of Pentax LX SLR Website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit sections of the PIM served sites; if, at any one time, the traffic is high--the table of contents or individual pages may take a while to load your input data, or our's. So, just be patient. If your interaction stalls, just click on the 'Reload' or 'Refresh' button on your browser menu once to re-attempt interaction here. Thank you. Welcome to MIR!

Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

1. From : Globetrotter (globetrotter@blueyonder.co.uk)
Url : http://
Date : 06:59 AM Friday 07 June, 2002

Gerard: you can buy copies (and originals)of most camera manuals on Ebay: www.ebay.co.uk or ebay.com or via the Oldtimers advert in the English weekly AP magazine.

2. From : GERARD ROBB (gerry@robbg.fsnet.co.uk)
Date : 03:31 AM Thursday 30 May, 2002

I bought a pentax IQZ 110, second hand however there are no manuals, if anyone has a complete used manual for sale or to photocopy could you contact me, or alternatively could you guide me to somewhere where i could purchase a manual

3. From : Globetrotter (globetrotter@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date : 05:38 AM Saturday 25 May, 2002

I understand your growing attachment to the old LX! One of my newest later version LX bodies (you can easily tell a newer version by the high finger guard rim around the shutter release and that the prism release button also turns on the metering)fell over the side of the Grand Canyon when I was on an expedition a few years ago - leaving me to continue with my old beat-up version. This particular 'old version' has been to the repairs since I bought it very cheap many years ago in Denmark. It is still going strong (as is two of my Z1p bodies - they are also long-lived work-horses). However, I am on the lookout for another LX body - and will buy an 'almost-mint' version second-hand body from Ebay soon (later version with finger guard). I advise you to do the same (but keep the 'old one' for back-up or spare. I find it always cheaper to buy an 'almost new' second-hand body or lens, than try to pay out continually to keep something running (the same advice can be said about a car!).

4. From : Anton Browne (handmaidmusic@hotmail.com)
Date : 03:25 AM Friday 24 May, 2002

Thanks for the reply, Globetrotter. All the things you suggested have been tried. If I set f16 - to force a long exposure - trip the shutter and then point the camera to a bright light, the exposure is instantly terminated as it should be. It's just that every fourth (or so) time I do this, the camera suddenly gives an exposure that sounds like 1/125 or faster. Next time it will be back to 2 secs or whatever. Currently my technician is examining the ASA resistor circuit board. The camera is beat up and I got from a shop for only £199. I've sorted the sticky mirror and focussing problems with help from the web. I've sorted erratic flash firing via the hotshoe by dismatling the viewfinder and cleaning the contaminated contacts. Thinking all was well I sent it in for a service and had the foam replaced, this cost £140 but I figured I'd had some fun, learnt a bit, grown attached and had a fully functional LX. You can understand that I'm loathe to throw it away at this stage, but I must be realistic, I'm not going to throw good money after bad... I don't think!

5. From : Globetrotter (globetrotter@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date : 06:43 AM Thursday 23 May, 2002

Anton, with dial on auto,the LX meter is reading the light many times per second. Is the lens attached? (and aperture working correctly) - you should test with film in the camera - also make sure that the light is constant. Any stray light whatsoever will effect the timing of the shutter. For example, press the shutter release with the lens aperture at F16 in a dim room; then slowly point the lens towards a lighter part of the room, this should instantly automatically close the shutter mid-sequence. Also try the same but leave the lens pointing at dull part of room, then slowly open aperture to wider setting; the same should happen; if not, then the shutter blinds and timimng need looking at. In most cases with an LX, the long shutter speeds will be different than the manual when you are moving the camera body, or do not have film in camera.

6. From : Anton Browne (handmaidmusic@hotmail.com)
Date : 05:45 PM Wednesday 22 May, 2002

Can any one help me with an LX problem? When the camera selects a slow speed on Automatic (say 1 second or so) the timing can be heard to be erratic. Sometimes it clearly gives a very short exposure, the LED indication is consistent however. The problem is at it's worst on 3200 ASA with 25% of exposures being far too short and gets less obvious as the film speed is lowered. My technician has put the camera on the bench and has reproduced the problem but is at a loss as to the cause. If I set 1 second manually, the timing is consistent so it appears to be an Automatic problem.

Thanks

7. From : Globetrotter (globetrotter@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date : 03:09 AM Wednesday 22 May, 2002

I've just found a great site for PENTAX fans: www.geocities.com/wing-hong/index.html Click on his Pentax camera equipment pages for some photos of his mouth-watering LX Titanium bodies and special Pentax lenses.

8. From : Globetrotter (globetrotter@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date : 07:08 AM Sunday 12 May, 2002

You are indeed confused, Mico.
The TTL will of course give a lower power output if you 'fool' it by adjusting the over/under compensation dial on the left side of LX body. It is the 'incorrect' reading that we want to use in these situations, not the textbook 'correct' full power one. TTL will also work at lower shutter speeds than top sync speed, which, after all, is what most us want when trying to match available natural light. The whole point is not to have full TTL power in many situations. The hotshoe grip also allows you to maintain both manual and TTL adjustment control.
The TTL power of the AF280T is controlled easier when mounted on the PZ1p/Z1p, but with a little forthought, the slight 'quenching' of TTL power by adjusting ISO dial becomes second nature.
I've only been a pro photographer for 22-years, so I've still got a lot to learn....but maybe not a great deal from Mico!

9. From : bart (ottovada@earthlink.net)
Date : 08:39 AM Thursday 09 May, 2002

iam trying to find a winder lx, mine is shot.
any help would be great. thanks bart

10. From : mico (jecimic@sympatico.ca)
Date : 11:25 AM Wednesday 08 May, 2002

Just to make it more clear, because I`ve found my previous message too confusing: LX-s IDM metering works only on AUTO mode, as well as TTL flash. Consequently, LX is not able to control TTL flash output if you remove shutter speed dial from AUTO. Also, any dedicated Pentax TTL flash will keep your flash synchronization at 1/75 on regular computer mode (red or green) without chance to override it, and go below. On TTL auto mode, LX will keep your synchronisation at 1/50 (not 1/60 or 1/75) and you also can not go below, by no means! Sad, but true...

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217

Maintainers for Pentax LX Series SLR Camera Models Message Board:
Tony Davies-Patrick (Globetrotter) (globetrotterworld@hotmail.com); Mico Smiljanic (micolx@netscape.net);
Jay Hart (ibcom@onebox.com); Philip Ashman (genesisphil@hotmail.com)

| Post a Message to the Message Board |

Archived Messages of Previous Postings
001-050 | 051-100 | 101-150 | 151-200

Back to Main Index Page of
Pentax LX SLR Camera Website

Back to Message Board of
Pentax LX
SLR Camera

Disposing/Looking
for New/Used photographic equipment

on Pentax LX SLR camera

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Copyright © 2007. leofoo @. MIR Web Development Team.
Version three Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz Sulaiman, improved from original version by Ang Seng Leong ,Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya (Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright@ 2001 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.