Minolta X-700.jpg (12k) Loading...

dynax7k.jpg (10k) Loading ... dynax7ki.jpg (10k) Loading ...

Modern Classic SLRs Series :
Minolta X-700 | Maxxmum 7000 | Dynax 7000i - Guestbook/Message Board

Each of these three featured Minolta SLR camera models represent an era of its own to lead and has great influence over the entire photographic community. Unlike the two great Minolta cameras of yesteryears in the XK/XM/X1 and the XD-7, these newer series of Minolta classic served a different segment of users. Unfortunately, these bodies have been long discontinued and you may even find it difficult to locate proper support even from their own creator, Minolta. Well, this site was created to serve and supplement (not compete) all existing owners and potential buyers, you may use this site for common support and share experience wherever it relates. I am not a Minolta Experta nd thus, please don't mail me other than constructive suggestions or rectifying mistakes found in this site, thanking you in advance for being considerate. However, the convenience of the Message Board here may prove to be very useful to some of you, use it wisely and creatively. This site is specifically created for these great Minolta X-700 | AF Maxxmum 7000 | AF Dynax 7000i SLR camera model(s). We hope the level of convenience provided can be of beneficial. Since this is a non-profitable resource site - The site developer reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to dispose your Minolta cameras or accessories or looking for a used model or any of its system components, please use a more specific section which has a higher volume of web traffic Free Trade Zone site instead. The Photography In Malaysia has no Guestbook on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience visiting this site, you may use the MIR's Guestbook at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.
Add a Posting to Message Board
A warmth reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system as this is a non commercial community site

Back to Main Index Page of Minolta
X-700
| AF Maxxum 7000 | Dynax 7000i SLR Website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit section of the PIM site, if at any one time, the traffic is high - the table/content may take
Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

1. From : elle (ljpw93@aol.com)
Url : http://
Date : 09:33 PM Monday 04 February, 2008

i have a Minolta X700 w/case/ quantaray flash (QA25) and Vivitar 70-210mm focusing zoom lens with case. i have NO idea how much to try to sell this stuff for...any ideas? ljpw93@aol.com

2. From : Reba (reba.halleck@remax.net)
Date : 05:46 AM Monday 04 February, 2008

I found my x700 in the closet....it is in need of cleaning and service.....I live in Gainesville Georgia USA....any suggestions? Cannot find anyone to service around here..no parts available

3. From : Craig (pooka@hickorytech.net)
Date : 07:38 AM Wednesday 23 January, 2008

I cut my photographic teeth on the Minolta Max 7000. I purchased it in the 80's and just last year finally went to digital. There is a guy in my town who's buying up old 7000 bodies and I'm thinking of parting with mine but I don't know what a fair price would be for it at this time. Can anyone help me out?
Craig H.

4. From : andrew (andrew1837@aol.com)
Date : 11:03 PM Monday 17 December, 2007

i have an minolta 7000 maxxum and finally have taken it out of the draw after years of non-use to bring with me on safari. The auto focus is not working annd wanted to ask suggestions since everthing else seems in good condition.
thank you in advance for your help...

5. From : Tim (tacker@aodl.org)
Date : 06:07 AM Tuesday 11 December, 2007

"My husband has the minolta 7000 maxxum film camera that my daughter uses for photography classes. They require that film cameras be used. She has such problems with shooting indoor shots. Based on reading other posts it appears that the camera would need to have a part that is no longer made in order to fix the problem. I want to buy her a new film camera but want to be able to use all the lenses and flash etc. that my husband has spent $1000's of dollars on. Is there any camera body that I could get to be able to use the lenses and flash. Any recommendation would be appreciated."

Stacey, I would get a later, higher-end Minolta 35mm AF (autofocus) film camera that will accept your Minolta AF camera lenses. The only two later Minolta 35mm AF film cameras that have demonstrated a fairly good record for problem-free operation are the Minolta Maxxum 7 and the Maxxum 9. Either of these would be a definite step up from the aging Minola 7000 or 9000 which at this point are beginning to die/malfunction from broken parts, bleeding LCD displays, etc.

6. From : Stacey (sferguson.dmi@cox.net)
Date : 06:26 AM Thursday 29 November, 2007

My husband has the minolta 7000 maxxum film camera that my daughter uses for photography classes. They require that film cameras be used. She has such problems with shooting indoor shots. Based on reading other posts it appears that the camera would need to have a part that is no longer made in order to fix the problem. I want to buy her a new film camera but want to be able to use all the lenses and flash etc. that my husband has spent $1000's of dollars on. Is there any camera body that I could get to be able to use the lenses and flash. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

7. From : Rick oleson (rick_oleson@yahoo.com)
Url : http://rick_oleson.tripod.com
Date : 02:26 PM Tuesday 20 November, 2007

Hi Angel: The Minolta product line was taken over by Sony. The current Sony digital SLRs should be able to use your Maxxum lenses.

8. From : Angel (privatemail@nospammingpls.com)
Date : 12:35 PM Monday 19 November, 2007

Hello. Lovely forum. I had this Minolta AF9000 for many years (bulky but took lovely pictures). It is a film camera. Question: I want to change or update to a AF Digital, but I had just found Minolta changed the name and couldn't find a replacement or upgrade model. What are the choices I have ? Can my previous autofocus zoom lenses (to be specific, the camera given to me has a 50mm and a telephoto zoom lens) be still use on the new digital if it has any appropriate model ?

9. From : Ron (ron@nospam.org)
Date : 03:34 AM Monday 05 November, 2007

“I recently bought 2 maxum 7000's one takes pictures that are underexposed and only take good pictures in sunny days, the otherone pictures come back grainy is there a fix for this? Thanks, Chris."

“I own a Minolta Maxxum 7000 camera. I have had it since it first came onto the market. Now 20+ years later, the camera is not working well. The aperature is not fully opening on any of the 3 lenses I have.. Pat."

Chris and Pat, the Aperture stopdown solenoid on the Maxxum 7000 is probably shot. This was a weak point on these cameras, and parts are no longer available.

“I've noticed something strange and I was wondering if it was normal or not. Using the MD-1 is draining rapidly the battery of the X-700 body. When 2 batteries can be good for a year, with the MD-1 there out within a afternoon! Is this a normal behavior of the X-700/MD-1 system? Anyone can share his knowledge on this issue with my system? –R."

Hello ‘R’, the MD-1 is probably not the problem. The MD-1 never powers the attached Minolta camera body at all. If your camera batteries are going bad, chances are it’s a fault inside the camera itself. The X-700, in addition to its other problems stemming from price-point build quality (it's a consumer-level camera and was never designed to last for years), is known for occasional short in the electronic circuit board causing power to always be ‘on’, draining the batteries rapidly. Other than tracing the short and possibly cannabalizing a circuit board from another X-700, your best is to buy another camera body. If buying used 35mm cameras, you now have the opportunity of going to several different pro- or semi-pro SLR cameras without spending that much. Whatever you get, I would suggest something a bit higher-end than the consumer-level X-bodies (X-300, X-370, X-700).

“I love my Minolta X-700...But now I am having a major problem. It won't work at all. We changed the batteries, still won't work. What could be wrong? -Elizabeth”

“I just bought a used Minolta x-700 and am starting to get into photography. I took it out for the first time this weekend and in the middle of a shot, the screen went black and pushing the button to take a picture does nothing. I put new batteries in and that did nothing. Help, what happened??? Any advice would be great! Lindsay Sartorius”

Elizabeth and Lindsay,

I hate to tell you this, but the Minolta X-300/370/570/700/X7A SLR cameras were designed for amateur use, were built with consumer-quality materials and componentry, and at this point are beginning to die rapidly. Built to a definite pricepoint, they were never designed to last 25 years. Note that internal components were further cheapened over the years, especially after production was offshored outside of Japan. I do not recommend buying them off ebay unless they have been proven to be recently serviced and guaranteed to work. If you have installed fresh, correct batteries, cleaned the battery contacts, and are still experiencing problems, there may be other gremlins.

These cameras can have a real problem with poor-quality electrolytic capacitors that generally begin to leak and fail after a few years.

If your camera shutter/mirror have locked, fresh batteries won't operate the mechanism, the capacitors may need replacing. When the caps leak they cause the printed area of the board to short out, in some cases destroying the circuit entirely.

If your camera has a fresh battery, and power, but when the shutter release is pressed the LED display blanks out and doesn't come on, then most likely the problem is the bottom, or shutter release capacitor. If the LED does not come on at all (on the X-700), then it could be the top capacitor. If the LED display blinks when the shutter release button is pressed, or if it just stays lit, then the problem is most likely not a capacitor problem but a break in an integrated circuit.

The easiest way to tell if a cap needs to be replaced is to examine the base. Some early X-700s also have tantalum caps that are usually ok, but you are looking for the electrolytic versions. Check the base of the cap, if it is electrolytic and going bad often there will be some signs of leakage, possibly corrosion, or odor. Leaking capacitors smell like ammonia. After removing the cap, clean the board in rubbing alcohol.

Film advance problems. NEVER force the advance lever if winding is difficult, you risk breaking the mechanism. Film advance problems on the X-series may come from bits of film jamming theadvance, lack of cleaning and lubrication (making winding difficult to the point of warping or jumping gears), the previously mentioned electronic or shutter module problems, or a damaged film advance mechanism, which on these cameras is fairly light-duty (plastic components).. You can replace with parts from another parts camera. Yes, you have a very common problem. Over time, the shutter curtain latches get sloppy from wear in the advance and cocking mechanism, which on the X-700 is a relatively cheaply-built item. Most of the time, you can advance the timing gear (under the bottom cover) 1 notch to get a full stroke so the latches engage fully. Its the 2nd curtain latch that causes the problem. Eventually, the camera will require a complete tear down to effect repairs. Also, the shutter magnets may have become sticky, cruddy, or lost their kick and need cleaning or replacement. Shutter malfunctions and shutter sticking (partial frame photos) on the these cameras may result from oil migrating onto the shutter magnets, combined with dirt, it gunks up the mechanism. The X-370 is particularly susceptible to shutter problems, with the shutter mechanism often becoming partially dislodged or disengaged. On the other models, a good clean-lube-adjust by a repair shop should fix most problems, clean out all the old dried lubricant, and lubricate dry components to reduce wear. Shutter magnets can usually be cleaned but sometimes lose their kick and must be replaced. Sometimes the fabric shutter curtains can stick the shutter in high humidity conditions. Newer Chinese-built X-700 cameras had issues with locally subcontracted glues that adhere the shutter curtain, and failed resulting in curtain separation. These must be cleaned and re-glued with an appropriate adhesive.

HTH, Ron.

10. From : Dave (dusher56@aol.com)
Date : 08:59 PM Sunday 04 November, 2007

Hi Can you help me i have an X-700 with new batteries, but will not display in viewfinder P, A or M in display (but will display shutter speeds) and will not fire shutter. thanks Dave

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80

Maintainers for Minolta X-700 | AF Maxxmum 7000 | AF Dynax 7000i Series SLR Camera Models Message Board:
Rudy Gumba (gumbarealty@edsamail.com.ph)
;
assisted by:- Looking for a few Xtra volunteers to be the maintainer(s) of this Board

| Post a Message to the Message Board |

Main Index Page of Minolta
X-700
| AF Maxxum 7000 | Dynax 7000iSLR Website

Back to Message Board of
Minolta X-700 | AF Maxxmum 7000 | AF Dynax 7000i
SLR Camera(s)

Disposing/Looking
for New/Used photographic equipment
on Various Minolta SLR camera model(s)

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Copyright 2007. leofoo ®. MIR Web Development Team.
Version 4.00 Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz , improved from original version by Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya
(Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright @2007 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.