A Growing Glabal Buddhist Community (63k Loading ....

Collection of my Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants - Message Board/Guestbook

Religious Thai Amulets are immensely popular among many Thai locals or even the Chinese that residing in South East Asia - probably most followers never have the chance to worship the religion and hopefully with the little image that we wear on the body can provide some form of relief. As I mentioned in the site, probably it takes a Thai to create such a high quality website features specifically on these lovely collective pendants. As I can never be claimed knowledgeable in this strong thai traditions but since I am a web developer in nature, I create this solely for personal consumption and hope to provide a linkage among all passionate collectors. Some of the opinion presented within the site was entirely personal and I do not wish to influence any decision prior to any potential purchases or disposal. So, this forum is intended to provide a channel for all to make use of it to present your own individual views. Enjoy.

As this site is specifically created for this purpose - so, please don't mail me other than constructive suggestions or rectifying mistakes found in this site, thanking you. Since this is a non-profitable resource site - The developer of this site reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to llok out or disposing your collection, you are also wecome to do so (as long as maintaining some basic ethic not to cheat anyone. The Photography In Malaysia has no Guestbook on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience visiting this site, you may use the MIR's Guestbook at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.

Add a Posting to Message Board
A kind reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system.

Back to Main Index Page of
Collection of Thai Amulets
website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit section of the PIM site, if at any one time, the traffic is high - the table/content may take a while to load the data, just be patience. If it stalls, just click on the 'Reload' or 'Refresh' button on your browser menu once to re-attempt. Thank you.

Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

1681. From : Raymond Goh (rockraymond168@yahoo.com)
Url : http://mir.com.my/rock-raymond/
Date : 02:53 AM Saturday 27 August, 2005

If somebody;some amulets shopkeeper;some monks told us that faked amulets & genuine amulets was the same! no any diffrent!how we feel it?

R u feel that all doctors;all school teachers;all type of cars;all kind of monks;dll was the same!Can we accept? Then what is the diffrent between faked amulets & genuine amulets ne? In 'The ghost world'like ours human being world too got outlaw ghost or outlaw spirit or we called it dirty thing;they will hide into ours faked amulets we wearing to finish their unfunish works b4 they catched.

1682. From : Tony E.H (tony_itf@yahoo.com)
Url : http://Tok Raja Pidta
Date : 12:22 PM Friday 26 August, 2005

Brother Yong Peng,You re right the 2 faces TRaja pidta is the most expensive.The price is more than RM100,000.The pidta has aTRaja amulet and the other is a phra pidta at the other side.It is a 2 in 1 amulet,thats why it is very expensive.Other than this amulet,another one is a pidta which is handcrafted .It is very rare and it is kept for his personal used or those monks who are close to him.There re less than 10 pieces.They re not beautiful compared to the one you see in the magazine,which used the moulding to make.There re so many fake TRaja pidtas in the market now including the 2 faces amulet.So BEWARE dont get cheated. Metta ,regards to all.

1683. From : Tommy (lkytl@hotmail.com)
Url : http://
Date : 05:07 AM Friday 26 August, 2005

May anyone here know the market price for Somdej phra wannarak which pass away few years ago?i mean the somdej amulet that given free by him.

1684. From : michaeltan (noreplymt@yahoo.pacificnet.sg)
Date : 09:56 PM Wednesday 24 August, 2005

According to LeoFoo a small luang phor Ngern amulet easily command a hefty RM70,000-00 a piece and for sure Tok Raja pidta can cost RM100,000-00 easily.

1685. From : Stan Thong (StanSLThong@yahoo.com)
Url : LP Wing of Wat Sg Puyu, Penang
Date : 07:09 PM Wednesday 24 August, 2005

Dear Bro. Raymond, Your friend is fortunate to have LP Wing to save him. LP Wing is one of the famous Luang Phors in Malaysia. He has been in the hospital for quiet some time already and to all forum members who know LP Wing, let us all pray for his fast recovery.Metta, Stan

1686. From : Raymond Goh (rockraymond168@yahoo.com)
Url : http://mir.com.my/rock-raymond/
Date : 05:48 PM Wednesday 24 August, 2005

When school time we liked play'spirit of the coin';'spirit of the bowl'.1 friend afraid but till wanna 2 play,halfway b4 send spirit home he take off his finger and the spirits was go into his body.8 of us also cannot control him..he was too powerful..if normal time 1 of us can control him more than enough already.At last must 5 adult tied him with string then send to Wat SG Puyu settled by LP Wing.Heard that 'spirit of the banana tree 'was a beautiful young lady;If wanna play 'spirit of the coin' old coin will more poweful because spirit who stayed inside was passed survival,just the strong & power can survive & stayed inside the coin. Stone at roadside also got power,especially after sunset.So some friend tell me his faked amulets was more powerful than genuine amulets,it is true.is it everbody?

1687. From : Stan Thong (StanSLThong@yahoo.com)
Url : Amulets Competition & Wat Uttamaram Kelantan
Date : 10:41 AM Wednesday 24 August, 2005

Dear Bro. Federick: Yes. One will know from your heart whether the amulet works but I don't think one would mind spending a donation of RM100 and time to participate in the Amulet competition since it helps to:

1) provide peace of mind to the owner that his/her amulet is genuine
2) participate in such competition would help you to network with other participants who shared the common interest in buddhist amulets just like this forum

Moreover, there are many certificates to be won for best kept amulet. You will be surprised that some of the winners are first timers.

Dear Bro. YongPeng: I am from Penang, not Kelantan but since we have a very large group of Wat Uttamaram members in Penang, we have been blessed with good knowledge of the late Tok Raja and miracles of Wat Uttamaram. If a person is willing to rent Tok Raja's Pidta for RM100K, he must be experiencing great miracles of Tok Raja. I have the 2005 Kathina brochures just released by the temple and if you are interested, pls email me your full name, address and contact number so that I can sent the brochure to you foc. The brochure is also written in english and chinese. Metta, Stan

1688. From : yongpeng (youngpern@yahoo.com)
Url : http://tok raja
Date : 03:24 AM Wednesday 24 August, 2005

Stan, really appreciate your information for Tok Raja Kelantan Amullette. Since you living in Kelantan do you know both sided Tok Raja pitta and how much it will cost? Hearsay the most expensive for Tok Raja amulet. For a few years ago I heard so called uncles said a collector let go at M$100 000 ringgit right?= Thank you.

1689. From : Federick KL Lim (4x4crusader@yahoo.com)
Date : 01:09 AM Wednesday 24 August, 2005

Dear Stan. It is a good suggestion but may not be practical. 85% of amulets owners are acquiring a piece solely for the sake of protection & businesses prosperity. You can also safely said most are not seasoned collectors. It is not point to send a RM100-oo WRK for a competition just to verify if it is an genuine piece. Whatever, I think in some cases, strange thing (esp in case of accident) one will know in the heart if it works (getting summons by traffic police for speeding is not inclusive). But even such scenario will also tell you (sixth sense) if there is a road block somewhere. Strange, as you call it, but I do sense such things all the time. In any case, for those who doubts this, why can't just get a piece from a reputatable temple, new version is alright as along it is genuine. For "collective pieces" with high price tags, you must be in a different Premier league, use your own wisdom and experience - or else, Stan suggestion is workable then, because they are supposed to be rare and "different" - good enough for competitions. But HOW MANY of us have such grade ??

1690. From : Stan Thong (StanSLThong@yahoo.com)
Url : Amulets - Real or Faked
Date : 08:42 PM Tuesday 23 August, 2005

Dear Brother,My recommedation is for you to participate in the Thai Recognised Amulets Competition if you really want to know whether your precious amulet is real or faked. Based on the latest competition ruling in Thailand, they will accept all amulets for the competition. Of course, you have to pay a small fee in order to enter the competition but is worth it since these appointed Judges are Amulet Professionals. The first round of the competition will be the evaluation to ascertain whether the amulets are real or faked. Each amulet will be placed on a plastic casing with a small sponge. If the amulet is considered faked, the judges will place the amulet facing downwards instead of the normal upward way how we place our amulet in a casing. The new ruling came about in order to prevent arguement between participants and judges in cases where amulets are faked and participants had paid a very high price for the amulet. The second benefit is if you really know how to take care of your precious amulet, you might be able to receive a certificate for the best kept amulet. The certificate will motivate you to guard your precious amulet diligently. Of course, for Amulet traders, they will be happy since they can rent out at a higher price for the best kept amulet. I am not sure whether there is "recognised" Amulets Competition been held in Malaysia or the professional judges are from Malaysia. Perhaps the other Members of the Forum could help to enlighten us on this. Metta, Stan

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207

Maintainers for Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants Message Board:

Mr. Stan SL Thong, Malaysia (StanSLThong@yahoo.com); KH TAN, Malaysia (tankoonhee@hotmail.com); Raymond Goh, Malaysia (rockraymond168@yahoo.com), Malcolm Lee, Singapore (spiky_malcolm@yahoo.com); kok-huat yeap, USA (yeappie@hotmail.com), Y.K.T., Malaysia (preferred private); Morgan Bonsse (lars@buddha.eu); Purt, Thailand (support@thailandamulets.com); Chng Hoon Hoon, Singapore (hoon2304@hotmail.com); Richard Wong, Singapore (teleadv@yahoo.com.sg)

| Questions relating to your Collections ? Post a Message to the Board

Back to Main Index Page of
Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants Website

Back to Message Board of
Thai Collection
of Religious Amulets/Pendants
on Various Collections of Images

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Search.gif

Copyright 2007. leofoo ®. MIR Web Development Team.
Version three Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz Sulaiman, improved from original version by Ang Seng Leong ,Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya (Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright � 2001 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.