A Growing Glabal Buddhist Community (63k Loading ....

Collection of my Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants - Message Board/Guestbook

Religious Thai Amulets are immensely popular among many Thai locals or even the Chinese that residing in South East Asia - probably most followers never have the chance to worship the religion and hopefully with the little image that we wear on the body can provide some form of relief. As I mentioned in the site, probably it takes a Thai to create such a high quality website features specifically on these lovely collective pendants. As I can never be claimed knowledgeable in this strong thai traditions but since I am a web developer in nature, I create this solely for personal consumption and hope to provide a linkage among all passionate collectors. Some of the opinion presented within the site was entirely personal and I do not wish to influence any decision prior to any potential purchases or disposal. So, this forum is intended to provide a channel for all to make use of it to present your own individual views. Enjoy.

As this site is specifically created for this purpose - so, please don't mail me other than constructive suggestions or rectifying mistakes found in this site, thanking you. Since this is a non-profitable resource site - The developer of this site reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to llok out or disposing your collection, you are also wecome to do so (as long as maintaining some basic ethic not to cheat anyone. The Photography In Malaysia has no Guestbook on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience visiting this site, you may use the MIR's Guestbook at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.

Add a Posting to Message Board
A kind reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system.

Back to Main Index Page of
Collection of Thai Amulets
website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit section of the PIM site, if at any one time, the traffic is high - the table/content may take a while to load the data, just be patience. If it stalls, just click on the 'Reload' or 'Refresh' button on your browser menu once to re-attempt. Thank you.

Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

991. From : hoon2 (hoon2304@hotmail.com)
Url : http://
Date : 06:19 PM Thursday 05 October, 2006

Hi Chemba, thanks for the compliment tho not necessary as I am carrying on the great Buddhist tradition of giving freely and eceiving freely. Lord Buddha's teachings were given foc, I have yet to see any amulet trader enriching from it. On the other hand, there are stories abound of good monks helping devotees in difficulties. LP Parn's Somdej are much sought after because of his legend of making poor devotees become millionaires. His "Itipiso" katha are legendary.

Finally, Thais strongly believe in the parami of King Chulalongkorn or Rama the 5th. The Kingdom of Siam is the only country in Southeast Asia that was never colonized. He is also well known for handling the colonial powers that resulted in Siam's independence. If you believe in his power, then the source of his parami is more important than. It is said that every time he has to deal with the aggressive Europeans he would chant:

Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Samma SamBuddhasa 3X
Arsang Wisulo Buddha BudPhra

Itipiso Wise Se Buddha Name Mena Buddha Pi Ti It 3X

I have experience the power but you need to ahve a steady heart filled with pure intent before chanting. I share this freely and may everyone follow the path of Lord Buddha and benefit from it.

Chemba, I am from the island state of Singapore.
Sadhu

992. From : Cheryl Tan (nocontact@commentingsite.com)
Url : http://nil
Date : 02:53 PM Thursday 05 October, 2006

Thank you for the lead, I found my amulet (Nang Kwak). Thanks.

P.S. you guys have shown plenty a lot of passion in creating all these lovely references. I guess that makes your site so special from the others.

993. From : Chemba (nomail@toomuchspam.com)
Date : 02:37 PM Thursday 05 October, 2006

Brother Lip: Another theory is, someone likes others to appreciate his collection via the web but don want to create a site (neither want to sell). That is all. BUT that is not the right way to do things in a public area as it will create other negative issues like the host as well as damaging the personality (image(s)) he possesses.

994. From : Chemba (comment@ANTIpam.com)
Date : 02:27 PM Thursday 05 October, 2006

Brother Hoon Hoon: You are the best ! and glad to have another brother like you as our moderator too. By the way, just curious where are you located (City) ?

995. From : hoon2 (hoon2304@hotmail.com)
Date : 10:31 AM Thursday 05 October, 2006

To all brothers and sister aspiring to rent LP Thuat's amulets, there is no need for despair. Forget about those auction sites asking for an arm or a leg. All amulets are consecrated with the general public at large ie making it as easily available as possible. The parami or power that amulets derived from the blessing from famous monks or Ajahns are not because they are famous. They are famous only because they lead a holy life strictly according to the 227 Precepts of the Vinaya. The Vinaya are rules for the monks to follow although since Lord Buddha's time some had been added and others not practical had been removed. The famous monks thus follow the teaching of the Buddha which is the source of all their power or parami. We should too. The beauty of the Buddha's teaching is to ask yourself what is the basic intent. In this case, the basic intent of famous Gurus, be they LP Thuat, LP Toh, LP Wat Pak Nam etc is to consecrate the amulets with blessings to benefit as many people as possible. When Thai temples conduct "Buddha Pisek" ceremonies to consecrate amulets, it is usually to raise funds for noble intent such as building schools or hospital for monks. Thus, in return for public donation, a small amulet is given and the smallest sum of donation is 100 baht. But sometimes even 100 baht is too high for common Thai folks, it is not uncommon for Ajahn to hand out amulets free of charge to disciple.

Let me share a story of a famous Long Phor, and urge all to try and visit him while he is still alive - Long Phor Koon. A few years ago, after the famous Kader factory burning incident Bangkok and the Hotel Plaza collapse incident in Korat, a young man asked LP Koon "Long Phor, my friend wore your pendant met with an accident but still die, how come? LP Koon asked" how fast was he driving?" Man: Normal speed, about 150 km/h, why? LP Koon: So fast! At 100 km/h, I had already jumped off his car too frighten how can I protect him! You decide what you want to learn from the moral of this story. For me, it had saved me a few times from traffic police and once, I slow down recalling this story only to realised that there are 2 traffic police to my left and right.

Back to LP Thuat amulets, because of the high virtue and many incident of LP Thuat's amulet protecting people from accidents and saving lives, many many temples in Thailand had consecrated LP Thuat's amulets. So, they are easily availble and does not cost too much. More importantly, they work just as well. Good luck.

996. From : ken (somdej55@yahoo.co.uk)
Url : Trip to kelantan
Date : 11:53 PM Wednesday 04 October, 2006

I hoping to make a trip to kelantan in the near future. Other then visiting Wat Uttamaram paying respect to Tok raja, finding Achan kuan, what other temple worth to visit and what other top monk still around. Any bro here have driver contact in kota baru that provide day trip to travel all the temple. If hire a taxi what the cost going to be like?

997. From : Third Eyes (comment@site.com)
Date : 11:02 PM Wednesday 04 October, 2006

The few auctions of the simple LP Tuad at ridiculous prices of SG1M are like aiming to discredit the auctions at that place. I guess the trading business in Singapore for amulets are tough.

998. From : Lip Sir (suggestion@only.com)
Date : 07:52 PM Tuesday 03 October, 2006

Prices of LP Thuad OR LP TUAD. Refer to some online activities on trading by Singaporean Brothers: http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg/s:Buddha%20figures:21364?p=LP%2BThuad
http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg/s:Buddha%20figures:21364?p=LP%2BTuad
May be can give you an indication of your 2515 image. Note: Use your wisdom to determine what is fair.

999. From : Y.K.T. (yappie_mouse@nocontact.com)
Date : 07:39 PM Tuesday 03 October, 2006

This is an interesting post too. I have been thinking previously why the moderators or creator (leo.f.) doesn't use this method to promote this site or help to increase the activities. Perhaps, one of the issue that may relates is WHO is supposed to authenticate if the trade item(s) is/are genuine and next, if assuming a dispute is occured, who is going to resolve it ? So, this will indirectly created a sense of responsibility & I don't think anyone (which includes leo and company) would like to take over these kind of uncessary task. Frankly, there are local sites such as ebay.com.my can act as a trading forum if you like to. Personally, Buddhism is not all about amulets. I like what I see how this site being progressed as it is right now, don know how the forum will turned this forum into when (assuming) trading starts..(but Leonard has never mentioned that he prohibits exchanges between fellow brothers here). However, I will stay neutral because this site doesn't belongs to me. Hahah..

Newbie: LP Tuad ? I can't offer any help as I don have any. You may try ask others such as Raymond or Uncle W. via his email/phone. Prices is a very subjective matter lah. It is depends on buyer/seller desire and $$ capability.

1000. From : curious (aak@only.com)
Url : http://no
Date : 05:40 PM Tuesday 03 October, 2006

IF you don't mind, can I ask a question here? Why dont allow fellow brothers to Trade (buy and sell) amulets here ? Can I ? can get in more visitors.

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207

Maintainers for Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants Message Board:

Mr. Stan SL Thong, Malaysia (StanSLThong@yahoo.com); KH TAN, Malaysia (tankoonhee@hotmail.com); Raymond Goh, Malaysia (rockraymond168@yahoo.com), Malcolm Lee, Singapore (spiky_malcolm@yahoo.com); kok-huat yeap, USA (yeappie@hotmail.com), Y.K.T., Malaysia (preferred private); Morgan Bonsse (lars@buddha.eu); Purt, Thailand (support@thailandamulets.com); Chng Hoon Hoon, Singapore (hoon2304@hotmail.com); Richard Wong, Singapore (teleadv@yahoo.com.sg)

| Questions relating to your Collections ? Post a Message to the Board

Back to Main Index Page of
Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants Website

Back to Message Board of
Thai Collection
of Religious Amulets/Pendants
on Various Collections of Images

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Search.gif

Copyright 2007. leofoo ®. MIR Web Development Team.
Version three Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz Sulaiman, improved from original version by Ang Seng Leong ,Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya (Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright � 2001 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.