A Growing Glabal Buddhist Community (63k Loading ....

Collection of my Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants - Message Board/Guestbook

Religious Thai Amulets are immensely popular among many Thai locals or even the Chinese that residing in South East Asia - probably most followers never have the chance to worship the religion and hopefully with the little image that we wear on the body can provide some form of relief. As I mentioned in the site, probably it takes a Thai to create such a high quality website features specifically on these lovely collective pendants. As I can never be claimed knowledgeable in this strong thai traditions but since I am a web developer in nature, I create this solely for personal consumption and hope to provide a linkage among all passionate collectors. Some of the opinion presented within the site was entirely personal and I do not wish to influence any decision prior to any potential purchases or disposal. So, this forum is intended to provide a channel for all to make use of it to present your own individual views. Enjoy.

As this site is specifically created for this purpose - so, please don't mail me other than constructive suggestions or rectifying mistakes found in this site, thanking you. Since this is a non-profitable resource site - The developer of this site reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to llok out or disposing your collection, you are also wecome to do so (as long as maintaining some basic ethic not to cheat anyone. The Photography In Malaysia has no Guestbook on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience visiting this site, you may use the MIR's Guestbook at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.

Add a Posting to Message Board
A kind reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system.

Back to Main Index Page of
Collection of Thai Amulets
website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit section of the PIM site, if at any one time, the traffic is high - the table/content may take a while to load the data, just be patience. If it stalls, just click on the 'Reload' or 'Refresh' button on your browser menu once to re-attempt. Thank you.

Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

1811. From : Raymond Goh (rockraymond168@yahoo.com)
Url : http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/leofoo/Thai-amulets/RockRaymond/index.htm
Date : 10:53 PM Saturday 30 April, 2005

Powerful & non powerful of ambulets. Old or antique ambulets because of less quantity in market.Rental fee sure high,some high up to sky...because its popular.Old ambulets not promise powerful than new 1...remember! We are stayed on the greedy world now.Why Buddha teach us to donate or 'thambun'?It wanna us have a nice days n wonderful days without greedy...just greedy in the knowlegde was enough. So when we wearing ambulet we must balacing..like food balacing 1 meat 1 soup 2 vegetables...not 5 somdej,9 LP Thuad on neck at one.

1812. From : Mike (stkuan@hotmail.com)
Url : http://
Date : 11:48 AM Saturday 30 April, 2005

Raymond, thank you so much for the info..As a new collector, I need to be extra cautious. Yes, there are alot of fake one out there. Most of the time, I will consult a couple of amateur collectors before acquiring any amulet. Are there any magazines (english) that showcase all the famous amulets?

1813. From : Raymond Goh (rockraymond168@yahoo.com)
Url : http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/leofoo/Thai-amulets/RockRaymond/index.htm
Date : 04:40 AM Saturday 30 April, 2005

To Mike and the new come in Thai ambulets lines collectors... Why we wear Thai ambulets?For diffrent ambulets wearer got diffrent answers..Why we collecting Thai Ambulets?The diffrents answers maybe got more than 100..because diffrent collector got diffrent purpose,aim,dream,discovery or causes n step in this lines..lot were wanna show lovely n respect to Buddha. Ambulets bless by Tok Raja now already like Chinese said "can meet can not find" ....Because it was high value ambulets in used n price.If u collecting ambulets because it famous u will get many faked ambulets at last.Faked ambulets go in market because rare 1 high price n hard to find ..too popular.. Wat Kalai is in Kg Kalai near Bukit Selambau,,Kedah.Luang Phor Lin Dam was from wat Kg Naka about 40km from wat Kalai.When i was 6 yrs old LP's faked ambulets already in market with price rm800-rm900....Easy way to go there is comeout from Gurun Highway tol then turn right then follow the roadmap there or asking people there....good luck.

1814. From : Raymond Goh (rockraymond168@yahoo.com)
Date : 04:28 AM Saturday 30 April, 2005

To Mr.Anand .Phra Phrom,Ganesha n Khun Phean were very big n powerful deva already.1 more than enough already....LP Thuad too.. Normally wearing in single necklace or single pin.Just benjapakee or 1 of your ambulets with monks's image together in 1 necklace. Hoping u happy with my advisory.U can send yours time born,day, month n year for me see what number of amulets was suitable for you n what type of ambulets most suitable for u.FOC

1815. From : Anand (veldra@email.com)
Url : http://www.veldra.blogspot.com
Date : 10:58 PM Friday 29 April, 2005

Good Day. I posted a message sometime back about my vision i saw of Phra Phrom's hand that was carrying the discus moving up and down to the tune of the music. Sadly, no one has yet to reply me on the meaning on this. Anways, today i went down to Wat Palaeli here in Singapore and during my regular monthly prayers. After that, i went down to my regular amulet shop to purchase a Kun Phean amulet for myself.So, the question is this. :

I wear my Phra Phom amulet on my upper left, close to my heart.
I wear a " double-sided" Ganesha and Phra phom amulet to my right.
And right below these 2, i have placed my Kun Phean amulet.

Is this correct? Please Advice. - Thank you. Anand

1816. From : STKuan (st_nospam_kuan@hotmail.com)
Date : 10:11 PM Friday 29 April, 2005

First, I would like to thank everyone for providing collectors your knowledge on amulets. My name is Kuan, and I am quite new to amulet collecting. It all started a few years back when my M'sian Thai friend presented me with a LP Thuad amulet, while I was doing my studies abroad. Soon, I get to know a couple of Thai friends who also share their knowledge with me. A believer, myself, I was also encountered a couple of unexplainable incidents where I was in doubt whether the amulet will help..and today, I will never leave home without my amulet. If you dont mind, I would like to learn more about amulets as well as statues collection. A few questions that I hope to get some advise from you...Recently I have an interest in collecting statues but since I just started my career, I dont have my own residence...staying with parents at the moment. Is it ok to rent the statues and wrapped in "Kim Chua" (Gold Paper) till I get my own house? At the moment, I am lucky enough to rent LP Sothorn in my parents house (wrapped). I was in KB last month and was really wanted to rent the statue of the great Tok Raja but I think its not a good time since the Abbot was not around.. :( I look forward to your reply, and hopefully with some advise for me as a novice collector... Lastly, again THANKS for providing all the PRECIOUS knowledge you gained. Sincerely, Mike

1817. From : Raymond Goh (rockraymond168@yahoo.com)
Date : 03:30 AM Friday 29 April, 2005

Collectible and non collectible.When we verify the ambulets normally we recognize the moulds who made the ambulets 1st :- before making material recognizable.The most collectible ambulets were doing ambulets moulding destruction in front of crowd after ambulets blessing ceremony!...like image LP Khun who done in Langkawi Island few years ago.It promised quantity of ambulets. Not reproduce by someone again unlimited.....

1818. From : Raymond Goh (rockraymond168@yahoo.com)
Url : http://mir.com.my/rb/photography/leofoo/Thai-amulets/RockRaymond/index.htm
Date : 08:29 AM Thursday 28 April, 2005

Series, batch & mould.In every batch of ambulets from their series normally got 4 diffrent mould..Amulets of LP Sod of Wat Pak Nam no.7 series got 27 batches 108 moulds dll.Sometimes it also got special batch special mould amulets for their Wat committee member or big sponsor.Quantity of amulets from every mould from every batch also diffrent.Wat Pak Nam no.4 series got 3 batches 12 moulds....

1819. From : freddoe ng (jksb88@streamyx.com)
Date : 05:48 PM Tuesday 26 April, 2005

I'm a collector of Thai Buddhist Amulet, your effort in putting up a web site is encouragable and able to accept good comment for the good of the interest group. My comment is that you should audit and allow only rare and genuine amulet to be appeared on site. I would like to propose that a society of thai buddhist amulet in malaysia to be formed with the objective of promoting interest and better knowledge in verifying genuine amulet. My proposal to you because you are capable to know a lot of expect and experience collector. I will offer my assistance if you require.

1820. From : Roger (roger_alan@hotmail.com)
Date : 12:43 PM Monday 25 April, 2005

I am very interested in the amulets of LP Sod of Wat Pak Nam.
I would like to have some idea of the value of his different batches. I believe I currently have at least two examples. Am I correct in believing there have been seven issues?

Roger

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207

Maintainers for Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants Message Board:

Mr. Stan SL Thong, Malaysia (StanSLThong@yahoo.com); KH TAN, Malaysia (tankoonhee@hotmail.com); Raymond Goh, Malaysia (rockraymond168@yahoo.com), Malcolm Lee, Singapore (spiky_malcolm@yahoo.com); kok-huat yeap, USA (yeappie@hotmail.com), Y.K.T., Malaysia (preferred private); Morgan Bonsse (lars@buddha.eu); Purt, Thailand (support@thailandamulets.com); Chng Hoon Hoon, Singapore (hoon2304@hotmail.com); Richard Wong, Singapore (teleadv@yahoo.com.sg)

| Questions relating to your Collections ? Post a Message to the Board

Back to Main Index Page of
Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants Website

Back to Message Board of
Thai Collection
of Religious Amulets/Pendants
on Various Collections of Images

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Search.gif

Copyright 2007. leofoo ®. MIR Web Development Team.
Version three Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz Sulaiman, improved from original version by Ang Seng Leong ,Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya (Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright � 2001 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.