A Growing Glabal Buddhist Community (63k Loading ....

Collection of my Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants - Message Board/Guestbook

Religious Thai Amulets are immensely popular among many Thai locals or even the Chinese that residing in South East Asia - probably most followers never have the chance to worship the religion and hopefully with the little image that we wear on the body can provide some form of relief. As I mentioned in the site, probably it takes a Thai to create such a high quality website features specifically on these lovely collective pendants. As I can never be claimed knowledgeable in this strong thai traditions but since I am a web developer in nature, I create this solely for personal consumption and hope to provide a linkage among all passionate collectors. Some of the opinion presented within the site was entirely personal and I do not wish to influence any decision prior to any potential purchases or disposal. So, this forum is intended to provide a channel for all to make use of it to present your own individual views. Enjoy.

As this site is specifically created for this purpose - so, please don't mail me other than constructive suggestions or rectifying mistakes found in this site, thanking you. Since this is a non-profitable resource site - The developer of this site reserves the rights to censor or delete any inappropriate, unrelated, misleading or excessively hostile messages posted herein. If your intention is to llok out or disposing your collection, you are also wecome to do so (as long as maintaining some basic ethic not to cheat anyone. The Photography In Malaysia has no Guestbook on its own, because it is an integral part of the MIR site. But if you want to leave a note on your experience visiting this site, you may use the MIR's Guestbook at another new window by clicking on the Guestbook Link.

Add a Posting to Message Board
A kind reminder: Please do not misuse of this message board system.

Back to Main Index Page of
Collection of Thai Amulets
website

The respective Message Boards are some of the HARDEST hit section of the PIM site, if at any one time, the traffic is high - the table/content may take a while to load the data, just be patience. If it stalls, just click on the 'Reload' or 'Refresh' button on your browser menu once to re-attempt. Thank you.

Search keyword(s)(Case Sensitive) within :

1481. From : Raymond Chong (rayeandraymond_nospamplease@hotmail.com)
Url : http://
Date : 11:35 AM Friday 18 November, 2005

Oh .. according to my friend, high-end trade/exchange also includes carbon test in the authentification process. May be a lot of $$$ is at stake. He got a pool of goodies in his private of collection (forgot to ask him on posssible showcasing his top collection in this site). Anyway, it is great site by nature, I truly enjoyed my casual browsing here.

1482. From : Raymond Chong (rayeandraymond_nospamplease@hotmail.com)
Date : 11:30 AM Friday 18 November, 2005

First time on the board. I have own quite a few pieces (me, girl friend, and my aged parrents) of thai buddhist votice images. after going through various sections, "old" does not mean expensive, Phra Rod is a typical example. Nothern Thailand is the place when you aimed to look for oldies; the Chiangmai showcase is good (in fact, very good). I like many of the displayed units as well, from my experience, the red renkeow soomdej form where the gentlman has different opinion is actually a very good image (seasoned collector will understand what to look for - not just the form, the use of basis material is important).

Well, I learnt all these from an old Thai friend of mine (naturally, there are free gifts as well). Most Thai are very friendly and usually don't demand for money when it relates to using Buddhist images as a form of gifts (and blessing). Still learning, but dare not to make other comments over others. Not my style, haha. pen off here.

regards from Jakarta (work here but I am Malasyian).

1483. From : Donald Kok (suraity____rmoved__Segamat@yahoo.com)
Date : 12:19 AM Friday 18 November, 2005

Oh... one more thing, I am a BIG fan of your photography site too. I am using a Nikon and your clasic modern SLRs series site is widely acknowledged as one of the very BEST Nikon camera site you can find on the web today ! congratulation. Good night.

1484. From : Donald Kok (suraity____rmoved__Segamat@yahoo.com)
Date : 12:15 AM Friday 18 November, 2005

Sorry for the earlier post (hehe), Mr Leoafoo. You are a very kind man and please don't let this to disrupt your site construction, we enjoy your work all the time. Take care, once again, I am sorry for putting that post. Good night to you too.

1485. From : Yrald (CATRENT.IEPER@SKYNET.BE)
Date : 12:08 AM Friday 18 November, 2005

Good site, now I know wat I gave rond my neck, I ame be marry a thai woman of Kalasin, on my weddingday her mother give it to me ,one of the lithel buddah,sche say to me to take good care of it,always!! buth I didend know way i think I gave one of the 9 buddah(shure not fake) sorry for me englich i ame from belgium (europe)

1486. From : Kakaman (mail_will_bounce@mir.com.my)
Url : http://www.MIR.com.my/contact
Date : 12:07 AM Friday 18 November, 2005

Public Message:- Dear brothers: I am started to feel not enjoying too much with what I am reading now (for good for bad, I can digest and neither I would mind others' ngative comments which aimed directly at me for the content in this site, but when things started to cross a set borderline to drag my few personal friends (and image contributing owners) into this issue, then I would like to exercise my right as being a site owner and co-maintainer for this message board. So, from now on - Any further comments that relate will be deleted as a form of respect to all my friends. If any of you still think having problems with my decision, please contact me via the link I provided above, just add leofoo infront. Thanks and good night everybody.

1487. From : hehe .. (funnystat@prresentatoyou.com)
Date : 11:50 PM Thursday 17 November, 2005

On curiosity, I did a search a while ago: the parties who MAY be having 99% possession of faked amulets are: uncle wichian, leofoo, weerapong, the uncle (president and his committe member who owns , tongkam, uncle wong's pointed image); master ho, madam wannee, col.samy, Brian koh's Chao Khun Nor collection, paul lim, uncle lim and raymond goh (soory..brother, other than your TOk Raja", the rest of my favourites of Soomdej, kes chaiyo and khun paen etc are in high suspicion of being faked images too, brother..); ..

wow. since those are suspiciously being regarded as faked now, should consider give away-man..I'd love dearly to keep faked items as it is my past time hobby. ...

1488. From : T.Y (coomentsaja@nowhere.com)
Date : 11:03 PM Thursday 17 November, 2005

No. Although tak perduli ni .. but supportors is not a right kind of word to use. A site is a site - everyone can exerise own judgement to decide justify to visit or not to follow up. I pun tak kena kakaman or leofoo (same person ?) but I am defending a personal decision because after reading more with his replies, memang tak sedap and wish to express my thought here on the board too. Okay, cease fire from my end, I think pun tak guna dragging more with it.

1489. From : Nokia-Man (addmine@too.com)
Date : 10:55 PM Thursday 17 November, 2005

Make sense. Enough, tired and bored with all these lah. I see the entire spisode is like Kedai kedai di mana saja also have many amulets displaying in their trays, why don't go and confront the owner that since you are selling so many types of amulets, you are promoting faked-barangan man. The only difference is, this is a site showcasing some collections saja, not a shop. Stop all these tiring fireworks okay ?

1490. From : Terence Yap (coomentsaja@nowhere.com)
Date : 10:48 PM Thursday 17 November, 2005

I read your comments and wish to present my impression too "...Do you seriously believe ONE person can be an expert in everything from Tok Rajah in Kelantan to Somdech Ajaan Toh in KrungThep to Luang Por Ngen in Pichit to Kru Ba Sivichai in Chiangmai? I think some of you who are strong supporters of this site are not seeing the picture clearly. I am not suggesting anyone is out to cheat as NO ONE person can be good in everything...."

I can see the point of where your remarks are coming from. Basically, you saw many types of images and not convinced the ccreator is good at these ? Did you read or just click on image ? did the site creator stated he is an expert ? he has alsready stated he is a learner and NOT a grader. Those are from his friends, not his (except for the mentioned). I don't know the man, but see no the basis because of this reason to accuse all the images here are FAKE (this in fact, prompted me to present my view -although I seldom do that). I do have some images similar to those use in the site and you are insulting owner like me too. Anyway, as king kong said, enough is enough. If you have other insightful, forward thinking thought, that is fine, But frankly, I (don't know the rest, but looks like we got company) don't enjoy some of your remarks. Sorry, fact stays.

PAGE | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207

Maintainers for Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants Message Board:

Mr. Stan SL Thong, Malaysia (StanSLThong@yahoo.com); KH TAN, Malaysia (tankoonhee@hotmail.com); Raymond Goh, Malaysia (rockraymond168@yahoo.com), Malcolm Lee, Singapore (spiky_malcolm@yahoo.com); kok-huat yeap, USA (yeappie@hotmail.com), Y.K.T., Malaysia (preferred private); Morgan Bonsse (lars@buddha.eu); Purt, Thailand (support@thailandamulets.com); Chng Hoon Hoon, Singapore (hoon2304@hotmail.com); Richard Wong, Singapore (teleadv@yahoo.com.sg)

| Questions relating to your Collections ? Post a Message to the Board

Back to Main Index Page of
Thai Religious Amulets/Pendants Website

Back to Message Board of
Thai Collection
of Religious Amulets/Pendants
on Various Collections of Images

Administrator Page

Home - Photography in Malaysia

Search.gif

Copyright 2007. leofoo ®. MIR Web Development Team.
Version three Re-Programmed by our in-house Fairuz Sulaiman, improved from original version by Ang Seng Leong ,Yeak Ngai Siew, Rizal Yahya, Halimaton Yahya (Members of the MIR Web Development Team)

MIR Guestbook On-line. Developed & Copyright � 2001 by MIR Communications Sdn. Bhd.